Visiting Senior Medical Students
MCW accepts applications through VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) for senior medical students attending an LCME-accredited medical school or COCA-accredited osteopathic medical school seeking to take an MCW 4-week elective for credit during the fall term only (July - December).
- MCW Visiting Student Course Offerings - viewable the first week in January
- Applications open the first week in April
- Institution Overview, Application Requirements and Rotation Dates
- Applications close the first week in September
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
The Office of the Registrar coordinates applications and scheduling for visiting senior medical students who wish to pursue a 4-week elective for credit. The Office of the Registrar does not coordinate observerships or any other types of visiting student placement.
The application status for visiting students is communicated through VSAS. The Office of the Registrar respectfully requests applicants utilize VSAS and not contact the Office of the Registrar for updates. Furthermore, the Office of the Registrar respectfully requests applicants not contact academic departments directly.
Visiting Student Resources
MCW does not provide housing. Resources are available to aid in your search.
Office of the Registrar