School of Medicine Discovery Curriculum
Students who entered medical school prior to 2023 will complete their studies under the Discovery Curriculum. A number of current Discovery Curriculum courses have been reimagined and incorporated into the newly launched MCWfusion™ Curriculum, while other courses will sunset when the Discovery Curriculum is officially retired in 2026.
New MCWfusion Curriculum Launched July 2023
Resources & Quick Links
Propose a New Course or Pathway
- Full course/pathway proposal is due to the CEC Chair (guidelines below)
- Deadline to submit proposals to the CEC is October 1, 2022.
- All course/pathway proposals must be approved by the CEC no later than January 1, 2023 in order to be considered for the following academic year.
- Proposals are welcome for the following courses:
- Academic Enrichment Elective
- M3 4-week elective
- M3 2-week elective
- M4 elective (all electives are 4 weeks)
- Core and Non-Core Acting Internships (all AIs are hospital-based)
- Required Ambulatory Course (required of all students; from any department)
- Submission Guidelines Overview (PDF)
- MedBiquitous: Standardized Instructional and Assessment Methods and Resources (PDF)
- Second Year Courses (PDF)
- Academic Enrichment Electives (PDF)
- Third Year Elective (PDF)
- Fourth/Final Year Electives (PDF)
- Acting Internships (PDF)
- Required Ambulatory Course (PDF)