Individual Development Plan
An Individual Development Plan (IDP) is a career development tool for postdocs. Each postdoc should independently conduct an IDP assessment and discuss the outcomes with their PI. These discussions should be initiated by the postdoc and should occur several times per year.
An excellent resource for IDP development is linked below and was established in collaboration with Dr. Phil Clifford, former MCW Associate Dean of Postdoctoral Education. IDP Development Resource (Science Careers)
Immigration website/resources at MCW are available on InfoScope. (network access required)
Immigration questions? Email email@example.com.
- First, every attempt should be made to resolve the matter directly with the other party.
- Second, if further action is required, the Postdoctoral Fellow may file a formal report with the Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Education or contact the Ombuds Office.
- For current Postdoctoral Fellows, an additional resource for navigating concerns is available on MCW’s intranet. Please note, access requires a username and password.
Responsible Conduct of research training is mandatory for NIH supported grants and programs. Please ensure you have had the proper training and that it is documented.
Responsible Conduct of Research Training is an Institutional requirement enforced by the NIH. RCR is a requirement of your employment at MCW to complete training in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR). RCR offers instruction on the basics of conducting scientific research with integrity. You must complete this online course within 2 weeks of your MCW start date. Your employment is contingent upon this completion.
To Access The Course:
- Go to D2L
- Enter your unique Username and Password
- Click the drop down menu “Select a course” (upper left corner of the page)
- Select “Post-Doc Training in Responsible Conduct of Research – PostDoc_RCR”
- The Compact is a document that outlines important aspects of the postdoc-PI relationship. It should be read by both the postdoc and his/her PI, and they should discuss it together.
- View Compact Between Postdoctoral Appointees and Their Mentors (PDF)
We offer an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that provides you and your family with free, immediate and confidential support to help resolve work, health, and life challenges to improve your life. Let us help you find solutions so you can reach your goals at any age or stage of life. We help millions of people worldwide live healthy, happy, and productive lives. If you’re coping with any of these common problems, the EFAP program covers up to six (6) in-person assessment and referral services per family member per presenting problem.
EFAP Contact Information
- (800) 272-2727
- Text us for information about your EAP services 24/7/365.
- Text “MSEAP” to 53342.
- All subscription programs for Relationships, Leadership, Addiction, Smoking, Parenting, Stress and Caregivers will last for 12 weeks with 1 message per week. There will be a follow up 30 days after the last message of the subscription. At any time you may reply with STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE to stop receiving subscription messages. You may enroll in any of these programs by submitting the corresponding keywords "Relationship", "Leadership", "Addiction", "Smokefree", "Parenting", "Stress" and "Caregiver" to 53342.
- Message & Data rates may apply.
- Live chat or email via workhealthlife website.
- Download the App: Search “My EAP” on App Store or Google Play
- Privacy statement: Contact between an employee and the EAP is kept confidential in accordance with federal and state laws. Information given to an EAP counselor may only be released to MCW if requested by the employee in writing.
- Perks and Employee Discounts - see InfoScope (network access required)
New to Wisconsin
- COVID-19 Travel Guidelines for International Postdoctoral Fellows (PDF)
- International Scholar Pre-Arrival Handbook (PDF)
- National Postdoctoral Association Onboarding Guide (PDF)
- United States Post Office Movers Guide
- Utilities and Other Services Links (PDF)
- Voter Registration Information
- Wisconsin Driver License Information