Advanced Practice Provider Post-Graduate Training Program
The Dermatology Advanced Practice Provider Training Program at the Medical College of Wisconsin is a 12 month certificate program. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive training program to prepare our APPs to practice in a variety of dermatologic settings.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the application cycle scheduled to open January 1, 2021 for a July 1, 2021 start date is not confirmed at this time. Further information will be posted when available. We thank you for your interest in our program.
- Clinical Training
- Didactic Sessions (Faculty Lectures, Chapter Reviews, Kodachromes)
- Journal Club
- Quality Improvement
- Grand Rounds
- Pigs' Feet Surgical Workshops
- Hands-On Cosmetic Workshops
- Graduation from an accredited PA/NP training program
- Masters Degree or higher
- NCCPA or APN certification completed prior to program start date
- Upon acceptance, a Wisconsin state license will be required by July 1
- Completed Application
- Current CV
- Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate schools
- Official copy of NCCPA or AANPCB scores (sent directly from the certifying body)
- Three current professional letters of recommendation (sent directly from the letter writer or sealed with the letter writer’s signature over the envelope seal)
- Personal statement explaining your interest in the specialty of Dermatology (not to exceed one page)
Please mail documents to the attention of Shelly Martin or email email@example.com.
Department of Dermatology
Attn: Shelly Martin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
- January 1 – application process opens
- March 1 – application deadline
- April (TBD) – interviews will be held (invitations will be sent to those selected to interview)
- July 1 – program start date
If you have any questions regarding the Dermatology Advanced Practice Provider Training Program, please contact: