Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in the pediatric dermatology fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin! We have one position available for a one-year American Board of Dermatology-approved pediatric dermatology fellowship.
The Pediatric Dermatology division includes five full-time faculty members who are all extremely dedicated to education of the fellow as well as residents. The clinical practice is based at Children’s Wisconsin, a freestanding pediatric hospital and a tertiary care referral hospital serving children from throughout the Midwest and nationally.
The training experience will focus on consultative outpatient and inpatient Pediatric Dermatology in infants, children, and adolescents. It will also provide unique and substantial experience in laser therapy of cutaneous vascular lesions, surgical procedures in children under local anesthesia and general anesthesia, and involvement in multidisciplinary programs concerning vascular anomalies, neurofibromatosis, and dermato-oncology. The clinical and translational research interests of members of this team include hemangiomas, vascular malformations, birthmarks, genodermatoses, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, cutaneous oncology, acne, and autoimmune connective tissue disorders. The fellow will participate in the research endeavors within the department and may develop their own project(s) based on their research interests. MCW has a robust research program with multiple additional support staff to foster research endeavors.
Accreditation Status: *ABD-approved pediatric dermatology fellowship program
The Pediatric Dermatology fellow will:
- Obtain a comprehensive education in general and tertiary care pediatric dermatology. Emphasis will be placed on outpatient care as well as inpatient consultative services.
- Gain familiarity and expertise in academic endeavors such as didactic lectures, published papers, and case presentations.
- Formulate a research project from study design to completion in addition to being involved in current research endeavors within the department.
- Obtain skills in both pediatric laser and surgical procedures.
- Obtain specific knowledge of pediatric dermatopathology.
- Master communication with referring physicians and learn how to interact with and effectively communicate with other specialty services in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited dermatology residency or equivalent international training
- One-year commitment
- Must obtain a Wisconsin medical license prior to beginning fellowship
Applications should be emailed to Shelly Martin (email@example.com) by August 1. Interviews will be held in September.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (encouraged but not required)
The MCW Pediatric Dermatology fellowship participates in the SFMatch.
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Yvonne E. Chiu, MD