For the 2023-2024 application cycle, all Department of Neurology fellowship programs at MCW will be conducting virtual interviews due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic.
Headache Medicine Fellowship
- Diverse patient population experience exposing one to the full spectrum of headache and facial pain disorders.
- Truly multidisciplinary practice environment including collaboration with a clinical pharmacist, pain psychologist, many ancillary staff.
- The faculty group supervising the Headache Fellows includes four full time neurology physician faculty as well as collaboration and support from three Physician Assistant colleagues dedicated specifically to the headache clinic.
- Recently expanded and remodeled clinic space in the Neuroscience Center Center with adjacent Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Neurosurgery, and Clinical and Diagnostic Neuropsychology support only steps away for easy consultation and collaboration. Within the neuroscience center is contained the full spectrum of neurologic subspecialities for ready consultation with colleagues in many disciplines.
- Generous fringe benefits including money for CME / travel for annual meetings / book fund.
Milwaukee is one of the Midwest’s best-kept secrets and a prime location for the Medical College of Wisconsin’s main campus. A one-of-a-kind city with a vibrant and diverse culture, this charming, yet metropolitan must-see is just 90 minutes north of Chicago and nestled on the coast of Lake Michigan. Whether you’re catching a show at Summerfest, the world’s largest music festival, immersing yourself in the old-world charm of the Historic Third Ward or taking in the sights and sounds of one of the many cafés, beer gardens or restaurants that line the city’s riverbank and shoreline, Milwaukee never disappoints. Find out why MCW students, faculty and employees take pride in calling Milwaukee home.
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Benefit Package (PDF) is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. Our package offers:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit options
- A program that considers individual needs
- Plans to help ensure long-term financial security for you and your family
Directions and Campus Map
Directions to the Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd., located on the campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53226. The College's main building is located on 87th St., just south of Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee Regional Map and Lodging Resource Guide
Milwaukee Regional Map of the Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee including the interstate, Mitchell Airport, and area highways. It also includes Lodging, Parking, Taxi, Public Transportation, Key Phone Number and Address Resource Guide.
Fellows will typically during their training year spend most of their time in direct headache patient care. We provide them with increasing clinical freedom in the management of their patients based on their clinical and academic accomplishments. They may also spend a half day per week working with and instructing the Neurology residents in the clinic setting.
Based on their interests, experience, and expertise they have the opportunity to spend several months in other related disciplines such as pain management, pain psychology, otorhinolaryngology, general neurology, sleep medicine, autonomic disorders, and neuro-ophthalmology. The section provides comprehensive headache care in a multi-disciplinary team setting that also includes outpatient infusions and may also include inpatient headache care.
Participation in clinical research is encouraged, and the Fellow should begin planning a clinical research project in well in advance of their commencement of training. The section over the years has been actively involved in a variety of multicenter clinical trials.
Through this program, you will have the opportunity to work with various Neurologists who focus in Headache Medicine. View more information about our Headache Medicine faculty members.