Gastrointestinal Pathology Fellowship
The GI/Liver Pathology Fellowship provides in-depth exposure to all aspects of gastrointestinal tract and hepatic pathology including medical diseases, infectious and inflammatory processes, neoplastic conditions, and transplant pathology. The GI/Liver service is the busiest clinical service in Surgical Pathology and processes more than 10,000 cases yearly, affording ample exposure to the fellow in all aspects of the field.
The fellow will gain experience in presenting and discussing the cases with their surgical and clinical colleagues through participation in the various multi-disciplinary conferences, including GI and Liver Tumor Board, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Conference and Transplant conferences. The fellow will have the opportunity to work with world-class surgeons, transplant physicians and clinicians in a multidisciplinary environment, and under the supervision of experienced, dedicated GI/Liver pathologists. The fellow also has the opportunity to participate in clinical research projects and teaching.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Anatomic or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residency
- Board eligible or certified in Anatomic Pathology
- Must have or be eligible to apply for a Wisconsin Medical License
Applications are accepted between July 1 and September 30 for academic year 2021-2022. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted by the program coordinator to arrange for a mutually suitable time.
- Complete the application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- “Personal Statement” highlighting your future plans and any specific interests within Pathology you might wish to pursue during your fellowship
- Minimum three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Results (Steps 1, 2, 3) documentation
- Citizenship/visa status indicating your ability to work in the United States
- ECFMG Certificate (if International Medical Graduate)
- Copy of your current state medical license
- Must be eligible for Wisconsin medical license
Education Program Coordinator III
Medical College of Wisconsin
Froedtert/Medical College Lab Building
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53226-3522