Women's Health (Breast/Gynecologic) Pathology Fellowship
The Women’s Health Pathology Fellowship is a one (1) year fellowship that provides subspecialty surgical pathology training of the breast and gynecologic tract. Together, approximately 7,000 breast (2,500) and gynecologic (4,500) surgical pathology cases are interpreted annually.
During the year of training, the fellow will become proficient in the diagnosis of common and unusual breast and gynecologic pathologic entities and understand the implications of pathologic diagnoses via management of cases and participation in weekly multidisciplinary tumor boards. The fellow will also be given ample opportunity to conduct clinical and/or scientific research under the guidance of faculty. The fellowship will prepare trainees for careers in the community or academic setting as a “go-to” expert pathologist in the diagnosis of breast and gynecologic diseases.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Anatomic or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residency
- Board eligible or certified in Anatomic Pathology
- Eligible to apply for or currently have a Wisconsin Medical License
Applications are accepted between July 1 and September 30. Up to two (2) fellows will be recruited per year. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted by the program coordinator to arrange for a mutually suitable date/time.
- Complete the application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- “Personal Statement” highlighting your future plans and any specific interests within Pathology you might wish to pursue during your fellowship
- Minimum three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Results (Steps 1, 2, 3) documentation
- Citizenship/visa status indicating your ability to work in the United States
- ECFMG Certificate (if International Medical Graduate)
- Copy of your current state medical license
- Must be eligible for Wisconsin medical license
Education Program Coordinator, Pathology Residency, Fellowships and M3/M4 Electives
Medical College of Wisconsin
Froedtert/Medical College Lab Building
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226-3522