MRI Safety Training
Safety training is required for Principal Investigators, study team personnel, and other staff working with MCW Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanners.
To begin any safety training course, you must have an active eBridge account. If you do not have an active eBridge account, please register here.
MRI Safety Training is required for study personnel working in the magnetic environment or recruiting human subjects who will enter the magnetic environment of the scanners at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). Training includes a description of the dangers within the magnetic environment and instructions for identifying subjects and equipment that should not enter the magnetic environment.
Principal Investigators who will conduct research using the MCW scanner(s) are required to complete MRI Safety Training as they are ultimately responsible for the safety of the study. Training may be modified depending on the previous MRI experience of the investigator.
To begin MRI Safety Training, you must have an active eBridge account.
Initial Training requires the submission of a training application, completion of the online course and passing of course quiz, participating in a virtual safety training session with the MRI technologist, and passing of a final exam.
Annual Renewal of training is required each year to maintain MRI Safety Training status.
For inquiries on MRI research and training requirements, contact the MRI Research Team.
To begin MRI Safety Training, you must have an active eBridge account. If you do not have an active eBridge account, please register for eBridge.
1. Complete the MRI Safety Training Application
- Upon submission of the application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the MRI Safety Training Introduction.
2. Complete the Introduction to MRI Safety Training
- Review the material in the Introduction to MRI Safety Training.
- Complete and submit the quiz. Successful completion of the quiz is a score of at least 80%.
3. Enroll in a Virtual MRI Safety Training Session
- Upon successful completion of the MRI Safety Training Introduction, an email will be sent to you to schedule a Virtual MRI Safety Training Session conducted by our MRI Safety Training team using Microsoft Teams. Please make sure your name and contact information is filled out correctly in the introduction quiz, or a team member will not be able to contact you.
- Virtual MRI Safety Training Sessions are held twice per month.
- If the normal scheduled dates or times do not work for you or for additional directions and assistance, please contact a member from the MRI Safety Training team.
4. Complete the Final Exam
- Upon completion of the Virtual MRI Safety Training, you will be given a link to the Final Exam.
- Review the material on the information that was covered in the Introduction and On-Site Session.
- Complete and submit the Final Exam. Successful completion of the Final Exam is a score of at least 80%.
In order to maintain MRI Safety Training, completion of an Annual Renewal Quiz is required each year.
- Individuals who work with animal subjects should complete the MRI Safety Training Renewal Assessment - Animal Subjects.
- Individuals who work with human subjects should complete the MRI Safety Training Renewal Assessment - Human Subjects.
- Successful completion of the Renewal Quiz is a score of at least 80%