Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender People in Medicine (LGBTPM)
LGBTPM is a medical student run student organization whose mission is to cultivate - through activism, education, and diverse membership - an environment of safety and pride for past, current, and future students, faculty and staff of all sexual orientations and gender identities. By building support both on and off campus, we will break down barriers of homophobia within the medical community to further combat inequalities facing both physicians and LGBT patients.
Membership is free. We welcome all members, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identities.
Out and Ally Lists
Upcoming LGBTPM Events
- MCW 6th Annual Transgender Health Symposium
- March 18, 2019, 6 - 8 p.m., MCW Alumni Center
- Conscious Conversations (presented by SNMA, hosted by LGBTPM)
- March 27, noon, Discovery Classroom (M3750)
- Trauma-Informed Care Lunch Talk (co-hosted with MCW CARES)
- May TBD
LGBTQ Health Services at Froedtert & MCW
Human Rights Campaign recognized Froedtert & MCW Hospitals as "Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality" for protecting our LGBTQ patients and employees from discrimination, ensuring equal visitation for LGBTQ people and providing staff training in LGBTQ patient-centered care.
Inclusion Health Clinics
What they provide:
- Comprehensive primary care and preventive care for members of the LGBTQ community and their families and friends
- OB/GYN care for lesbian, bisexual and transgender patients
- LGBTQ fertility and reproductive medicine
- HIV specialty care and HIV prevention services
- Care for transgender patients, including hormone therapy
- Psychiatric care
2018-2019 Leadership Team
Community Outreach Chairs
Department of Medicine and Center for AIDS Intervention Research