Advanced Practice Provider Training Program
The Dermatology Advanced Practice Provider Training Program at the Medical College of Wisconsin is a 12 month certificate program. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive training program to prepare our APPs to practice in a variety of dermatologic settings.
- Clinical Training
- Didactic Sessions (Faculty Lectures, Chapter Reviews, Kodachromes)
- Journal Club
- Quality Improvement
- Grand Rounds
- Pigs' Feet Surgical Workshops
- Hands-On Cosmetic Workshops
For the 2020-2021 academic year, we will be accepting one to two APPs to begin July 1, 2020.
- Graduation from an accredited PA/NP training program
- Masters Degree or higher
- NCCPA or APN certification completed prior to program start date
- Upon acceptance, a Wisconsin state license will be required by July 1
- Completed Application (PDF)
- Current CV
- Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate schools
- Official copy of NCCPA or AANPCB scores (sent directly from the certifying body)
- Three current professional letters of recommendation (sent directly from the letter writer or sealed with the letter writer’s signature over the envelope seal)
- Personal statement explaining your interest in the specialty of Dermatology (not to exceed one page)
Please mail the documents above to the attention of Shelly Martin at the address below.
- January 1 – application process opens
- March 1 – application deadline
- April (TBD) – interviews will be held (invitations will be sent to those selected to interview)
- July 1 – program start date
A certificate of completion will be awarded from the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Dermatology.
$55,000 with MCW benefit package.
Visit Medical College of Wisconsin Human Resources for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the Dermatology Advanced Practice Provider Training Program, please contact: