Volunteer faculty contribute substantially to the programs of MCW without pay. Individuals appointed as volunteer faculty are expected to contribute to institutional success in one or more of MCW's core missions. All educators are required to obtain a volunteer adjunct faculty appointment at MCW.
M1 Foundations of Clinical Medicine
(414) 955-4365 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilitators needed to teach basic interview & exam skills
- Tuesday afternoon sessions available August – October
- Facilitators from all specialties are welcome for this introductory course
M3 Family Medicine Clerkship
Stephanie Shaw, Clerkship Coordinator
(414) 955-8207 | email@example.com
- Preceptors needed for clinical experience with students in their patient care offices 6-8 times per week for a 4-week rotation.
- Facilitators needed to teach small group TBL sessions Tuesday mornings and afternoons; sessions include the following:
- Motivational Interviewing for Risky Drinking & Obesity
- The Spectrum of Chronic Pain & Substance Abuse Disorders in Primary Care
- Chronic Disease
- Dermatology & Dermatologic Office Procedures in Family Medicine
- Sports Medicine/Musculoskeletal
- Community Medicine
- Preventive Health & EBM
Please see below for the Volunteer Criteria for Appointment and promotion of volunteer faculty.
Volunteer (Adjunct) Assistant Professor
- A license to practice in good standing in their field is required for individuals in clinical departments. A terminal degree in the field of appointment is usually expected for individuals who are not clinical practitioners. Consideration may be given on a case by case basis to the appointment of individuals who do not have either a license or a terminal degree if their appointment can be persuasively demonstrated to be MCW mission critical.
- A current CV
- A letter of support from the chair or institute director as detailed above
- Agreement to follow the MCW code of conduct.