Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences at the Eye Institute

Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences

History of Ophthalmology at MCW

Ophthalmology has been an official part of academic medicine in the Milwaukee area since the Wisconsin College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Milwaukee Medical College merged to become the Marquette University School of Medicine in 1913. (The medical school would legally separate from the university in 1967 and become the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1970.) Under the leadership of four division directors, when ophthalmology was part of the Department of Surgery, and two department chairs, eye care and vision science has flourished in southeastern Wisconsin.

In 2016, the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences marks 40 years since the opening of the Eye Institute, made possible thanks to the initiative, leadership and support of Research to Prevent Blindness.

Contact Ophthalmology

For patient care inquires, call us at (414) 955-2020 or use MyChart. Email is for research and education inquiries only.

Eye Institute Location

8701 Watertown Plank Rd.

Milwaukee, WI 53226

 

Appointments

(414) 955-2020

(414) 955-6166 (fax)

 

Continuing Medical Education

Mary Schafer

mschafer@mcw.edu

(414) 955-7840

 

Medical Education Coordinator

Leslie Bencivenga

lbencive@mcw.edu

Refer to Us - Consultation requests

Physician Referral Form (PDF)

Fax to (414) 955-6064

 

Emergent Requests

Within 48 hours call

(414) 955-2020

 

Clinical Research

Vesper Williams

vewilliams@mcw.edu

(414) 955-7862

 

Advanced Ocular Imaging Program

aoip@mcw.edu

(414) 955-2647

Eye Institute Google map location