Radiation Oncology Clinical Research
Physicians and researchers associated with the Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center are members of several research groups that offer cancer trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Our researchers also participate in university consortiums as well as develop and manage trials funded with grants from the Medical College of Wisconsin and other sources. Because of this, the Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center can offer the latest in treatment options that often are not yet available outside the research setting. Our interdisciplinary approach to cancer care and cancer research is evident by the strong relationship between radiology, surgical oncology, medical oncology, and radiation oncology.
The Department of Radiation Oncology is a leader in the NRG Oncology group, previously Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. (RTOG). NRG Oncology is part of the National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN). The NCTN is a collection of organizations and clinicians that coordinate and support cancer clinical trials across the United States and Canada. Our department has been a full member institution since 1979. We are the lead department in the VA research program and has consistently been one of the highest enrollers to NRG/RTOG studies with recognition for excellence in data quality. Many of our faculty have leadership roles in facets of NRG while pursuing individual research quests to prevent and treat cancer as well as minimize effects of cancer therapies on normal tissue.
In 2012, the Department of Radiation Oncology became a founding member of the Elekta MR-Linac Consortium. This consortium was formed to bring integrated magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and radiation therapy delivery into the clinic. The department has been extensively involved in developing and optimizing elements of the technology and clinical trials to demonstrate the effectiveness of MR-guided RT, particularly, in the areas of developing plan adaptation strategies, optimizing MR imaging techniques, designing innovative adaptive radiation therapy treatments for pancreatic cancer. The Chair of the department, Dr. Schultz, is the current Chair of the consortium.
If you are interested in learning more about clinical research studies available through the Department of Radiation Oncology, please call (414) 805-4377. For more information on clinical trials offered through the Froedtert and Medical College Clinical Cancer Center, call (414) 805-3666 or (800) 272-3666.
Translational/Basic Research Program
Translational research takes basic research from the laboratory for implementation into the clinical setting, often being described as "bench to bedside" research. Researchers in the Department of Radiation Oncology are involved in several translational and basic research programs in the following areas:
- Low dose rate irradiation
- Radiation damage to normal tissues
- Biomarkers for radiation responses
- Adaptive Radiation Therapy (online and offline)
- Outcome modeling for treatment planning
- Motion management
- Anatomic/biological/functional imaging (CT, CBCT, MRI, PET) for treatment planning and delivery
Research Presented at National and International Meetings
2017 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium
January 19-21, 2017
San Francisco, CA
- Impact of age on genomic alterations associated with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. B George, B Erickson.
- Should functional renal scans be obtained prior to upper abdominal radiation for pancreatic cancer? G Blitzer, B Erickson.
- Chemotherapy and radiation for vaginal or urethral recurrence of urothelial carcinoma after radical cystectomy. J Thompson, B Erickson.
Genitourinary Cancers Symposium
February 16-18, 2017
- Chemotherapy and radiation for vaginal or urethra recurrent of urothelial carcinoma after radical cystectomy. J Thompson, B Erickson.
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
April 1-5, 2017
- The consomic xenograft model identifies genetic changes in the tumor microenvironment that alter the growth and metastasis of head and neck cancers. M Straza, A Rymaszewski, K Nickel, A Frei, A. Chatterjee, R Schlaak, A Joshi, M Flister, RJ Kimple, C Bergom.
- A phase II study using cardiac MRI to assess cardiac injury in breast cancer patients receiving three dimensional conformal regional nodal radiotherapy (3DCRT) with heart dose constraints. C Bergom, J Rubenstein, A Welsh, P Prior, D Eastwood, M Zhang, JF Wilson, J White, J Bradley.
American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
April 20-22, 2017
- Outcomes of Iodine 125 episcleral plaque brachytherapy in patients with choroidal melanoma. I Sparks, W Wirostko, J Rownd, N Morrow, B Erickson, J Herman, XA Li.
International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
April 22-27, 2017
- Abdominal organ tracking on a hybrid MR-Linac system using a particle filter based algorithm. AE Bourque, S Bedwani, N Nickevicius, E Paulson, JF Carrier, C Menard, P Borman, C Bos, Raaymakers B, RHN Tijssen.
- Improvements in Simultaneous Multislice Imaging Through the Use of SPIRiT and Virtual Conjugate Coils. N Mickevicius, E Paulson.
American Radium Society (ARS)
99th Annual Meeting
May 6-9, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
- Palliative radiation for bone metastases from hepatocellular carcinoma: Practice patterns and the implications of fraction scheme on the amount of remaining life spent receiving treatment. R Schmid, A Hammad, C Johnstone, T Gamblin, J Robbins.
- Predictors of survival in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma treated with stereotactic body radiation therapy: A national cancer database study. M Straza, T Gamblin, J Robbins.
Management of squamous cell carcinoma of the scalp with bone involvement. M Abdelhakie, J Robbins, JF Wilson.
MR in Radiation Therapy Symposium
June 20-23, 2017
- Simultaneous orthogonal plane imaging with balanced SSFP contrast using k-t GRAPPA. E Paulson, A Eliason.
- The reversed simulation workflow for hybrid CT validation in brain. E Paulson, A Eliason, Z Boyd, N Mickevicius, D Prah.
American Association of Medical Physicists (AAPM)
59th Annual Meeting
July 30-August 3, 2017
- Online adaptive replanning based on voxel by voxel prescription map. E Ahunbay, XF Chen, XA Li.
- Development of a quality assurance software tool for a new tomotherapy machine. GP Chen, XA Li.
- Voxel by voxel dose prescription map based on MRI ADC for radiation therapy of pancreatic cancer. XF Chen, E Ahunbay, XA Li.
- Time stability and repeatability of CT texture measurements on longitudinal CTs. Y Hao, G Noid, L Court, D Mackin, Y Liu.
- Improving normal tissue sparing using MRI-identified regional nodal volumes in breast cancer radiotherapy. K Kainz, E Paulson, A Currey, C Bergom, XA Li.
- Quantitative imaging biomarker reproducibility in pancreatic cancer longitudinal CT texture analysis study. S Klawikowski, J Christian, D Schott, XA Li.
- Accelerating online adaptive replanning with incomplete normal structure delineation. S Lim, E Ahunbay, XA Li.
- Real-time motion tracking using ultrasound and intrafractional kV cone beam projection images. F. Mostafaei, A Tai, W Haase, D Cooper, M Lachaine, XA Li.
- Enhancement of CT-texture based treatment response detection for pancreatic cancer using dual-energy CT. G Noid, D Schott, XV Chen, A Tai, Y Liu, XA Li.
- Enhancing tumor contrast and contrast to noise ratio for improved tumor targeting during liver SBRT using mono-energetic decomposition of dual energy CT. G Noid, J Robbins, A Tai, XA Li.
- Initial performance tests of a high-field MR linac. E Paulson, XF Chen, N Mickevicius, S Klawikowski, E Ahunbay, XA Li.
- Self-navigated respiratory correlated 4D MRI with switchable contrast modes. E Paulson, N Mickevicius.
- Machine learning and texture analysis for assessing spatial tumor response based on daily CTs during radiation therapy for pancreatic adenocarcinomas. D Schott, W Hall, XV Chen, S Klawikowski, G Noid, B Erickson, P Knechtes, T Gilat Schmidt, XA Li.
- Optimizing re-irradiation of recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma after initial radiation therapy. A Tai, Q Zhou, X Deng, XA Li.
- Association of MR radiomics features changes with treatment outcome for radiotherapy of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Y Tao, XV Chen, X Yan, X Deng, Y Xia, XA Li.
- Prediction of acute xerostomia based on CT texture changes during radiation therapy for nasopharyngeal cancer. X Yang, XV Chen, H Wu, Y Tao, H Chang, X Deng, Y Xia, XA Li.
American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
59th Annual Meeting
September 24-27, 2017
San Diego, CA
- A fast technique to generate electron density maps for MRI guided online adaptive replanning. E Ahunbay, XF Chen, XA Li.
- The impact of increasing time to preoperative radiation on outcomes in patients with soft tissue sarcomas. M Bedi, J Charlson, C Johnstone, K Turaga.
- Identifying genetic variants that enhance the therapeutic ratio of radiation. C Bergom, B Fish, T Gasperetti, R Schlaak, A Frei, M Medhora.
- Prognostic value of clinical stage T2 substages in prostate cancer: A national cancer database review. J Borkenhagen, C Lawton, D Eastwood, D Kilari, J Van Winkle, W Hall.
- An analysis on local control of chemoradiotherapy for the use of the locally advanced pancreatic cancer using a bio-physical model. XF Chen, A Tai, P Prior, W Hall, B Erickson, J Herman, XA Li.
- A quantitative analysis on CT histogram features before chemoradiation therapy for pancreatic cancer. XV Chen, D Schott, Y Hao, W Hall, B Erickson, K Oshima, XA Li.
- Pre-operative radiation performed at a tertiary center may lead to decreased wound complications following resection in patients with soft tissue sarcoma. C Ellison, C Johnstone, M Bedi.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma gross tumor volume contouring on computed tomography (CT) as compared with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), results of an international consensus contouring conference. W Hall, D Heerkins, E Paulson G Meijer, A Kotte, P Knechtges, P Parkikh, M Bassetti, P Lee, KL Aitken, M Palta, S Myrehaug, EJ Koay, L Portlance, E Ben-Josef, B Erickson.
- Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) and radiation therapy (RT) alone as compared with trimodality therapy with ADT, RT and surgery in men with high risk non metastatic adenocarcinoma of the prostate. W Hall, D Eastwood, D Kilari, J Van Wickle, R Raychaudhuri, J Borkenhagen, W See, C Lawton.
- Initial clinical experience with using an automated dose tracking tool to verify dose delivery and trigger adaptive replanning. K Kainz, GP Chen, C Lawton, M Siker, S Firat, J Robbins, B Erickson, XA Li.
- Lessons learned from the two-step QA process in NRG Oncology/RTOG 1005, a phase III trial for early stage breast cancer. XA Li, J Moughan, J White, G Freedman, D Arthur, J Galvin, A Currey, Y Xiao, S McNulty, J Lyon, V Kavadi, M Fields, M Mitchell, B Anderson, M Lock, K Kokeny, J Bazan, T Hijal, S Cheston, F Vicini.
- Practical considerations for online replanning during SBRT of prostate cancer. S Lim, E Ahunbay, J Zhang, C Lawton, XA Li.
- Generalized competing event regression to stratify head and neck cancer patients: Secondary analysis of NRG oncology RTOG 9003, 0129 and 0522. L Mell, Q Zhang, S Wong, H Shen, P Nguyen-Tan, D Rosenthal, K Zakeri, S Frank, P Schiff, A Trotti, J Bonner, C Jones, S Yom, S Thorstad, G Shenouda, J Ridge, QT Le.
- Quantifying complex abdominal organ motions in different time frames in radiation therapy. F Mostafaei, A Tai, E Paulson, W Hall, B Erickson, XA Li.
- Improvement of breast tumor delineation for preoperative radiation therapy using dual energy CT. G Noid, A Currey, C Bergom, T Kelly , A Wadhwa, E Paulson, Z Basir, A Kong, J Bovi, A Tai, Y Liu, XA Li.
- Early career outcomes for radiation oncologists interested in global health: A survey of recent graduates from ARRO, ACRO and CARO. A Olson, T Royce, J Longo, Z Morris, N Coleman, S Grover.
- Correlation of survival rates with CT texture changes after radiation therapy for lung cancer. J Paul, Y Hao, E Gore, C Zheng, XA Li.
- Effect of gadolinium extravasation on the reversed simulation workflow in brain. E Paulson, A Eliason, J Bovi.
- Brain MR-only using a hybrid CT. E Paulson, A Eliason, Z Boyd, N Mickevicius, D Prah, J Bovi.
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiation with IMRT for pancreatic cancer is associated with minimal toxicity without compromising local control. H Saeed, H Cheng, M Aldakkak, S Tsai, D Evans, K Christians J Thomas, B George, P Ritch, D Wittmann, B Erickson.
- Dosimetric benefit of MRI-guided pre-operative accelerated partial breast irradiation. D Saenz, A Currey, C Bergom, T Kelly, E Paulson, A Tai, J White, XA Li.
- Role of adjuvant radiotherapy for resected salivary ductal carcinoma. SJ Sandy, S Suppiah, J Robbins.
- A dosimetric investigation of inter-fractional organ at risk movements during stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver malignancies. R Schmid, A Tai, S Klawikowski, K Rahmahi, J Robbins.
- Treatment response assessment using quantitative DCE MRI for chemoradiation therapy of pancreatic cancer. D Schott, W Hall, E Paulson, B Erickson, K Oshima, P Knechtges, XA Li.
- Methods to improve patient selection and predict dosimetric benefits for irradiation of the left breast or chest wall and regional lymph nodes with deep inspiration breath hold. A Tai, A Currey, C Bergom, XA Li.
- Acceleration of online adaptive replanning with workflow automation. J Zhang, E Ahunbay, S Lim, XA Li.
- Fractionation schedule and Risk of local-regional failure for patients treated on NRG Oncology RTOG 9003 and 0129. A Konski, J Harris, H Kim, PF Nguyen-Tan, KK. Fu, PB Schiff, DI Rosenthal, A Trotti, SA Spencer, CU Jones, SS Yom, G. Shenouda, JA Ridge, CJ Schultz, AG Pearce Jr, M Suntharalingam, Q. Zhang, QT Le.
- Development of laryngeal cancer nomograms from pooled data of two trials of concurrent chemoradiation: NRG Oncology RTOG 0129 and RTOG 0522. MJ Awan, J Barnholtz-Sloan, HR Gittleman, M. Machtay, PF Nguyen-Tan, DI Rosenthal, CJ Schultz, BJ Huth, WL Thorstad, SJ Frank, HE Kim, RL Foote, M. Lango, G. Shenouda, M. Suntharalingam,J. Harris, Q. Zhang, QT Le, M Yao.
Musculoskeletal Tumor Society Annual Meeting (MSTS)
September 27-29, 2017
- Pathologic necrosis following neoadjuvant radiotherapy or chemotherapy is associated with poor survival in soft tissue sarcomas. N Gannon, M Bedi, D King.
- Predictive Significance Of IDH1/2 Mutation And 1P/19q Co-Deletion Status In A Post-Hoc Analysis Of NRF Oncology/RTOG 9802: A Phase III Trial Of RT vsRT Plus PCV In High Risk Low-Grade Gliomas. EH Bell, PX Zhang, EG Shaw, JC Buckner, GR Barger, SW Coons, DE Bullard, MP Mehta, MR Gilbert, PD Brown, Stelzer KJ, Fleming J, JP McElroy CD Timmers, AP Becker, AL Salavaggione, ZY Liu, K Aldape, DG Brackman, SZ Gertler, AD Murtha, CJ Schultz, D Johnson, HD Shu, A Chakravarti.
- Radio-immunotherapy using the IDO-inhibitor Indoximod in combination with re-irradiation for children with progressive brain tumors in the phase I setting: An updated report and tolerability (NCT02502708). TS Johnson, D Aguilera, A Al-Basheer, RM Cooksey, BR Eaton, N Esiashvili, S Firat, JB Fiveash, N Foreman, D Fridyand, GK Friedman, CA Giller, DR Gorsshans, IM Heger, M Kelly, EP Kennedy, J Knipstein, RB Kohle, AK Liu, W Martin, WF Mourad, R Pacholczyk, R Parker, AM Rojiani, RF Sadek, A Thornton, NN Vahanian, T MacDonald, D Munn.
- Rectal Cancer Outcome Study Based on Multiple NRG Oncology Clinical Trials with Random Survival Forests. M Huang, J van Soest, H Zhong, E Ben-Josef, H Geng, J Wang, Z Zhang, M Mohiuddin, NJ Meropol, M Garofalo, PR Anne, RJ Lee, BA Erickson, M Augspurger, ER Sigurdson, G Lasio, A Dekker, Y Xiao.
- Large interobserver variation in the international MR linac oropharyngeal carcinoma delineation study. S Blinde, AS Mohamed, A Al-Mamgani, K Newbold, J Robbins, D Thompson, CPJ Raaijmakers, DC Fuller, CHJ Terhaard.
- A feasibility study on incorporating clinical trial quality assurance parameters in outcome prediction in head and neck radiation therapy treatment. J Wang, H Zhong, J van Soest, D Rosenthal, R Axelrod, J Galvin, A Dekker, Z Zhang, A Garden, J Michalski, B Huth, A Hsu, A Trotti, E Gore, J Beitler, J Bonner, Y Xiao.
ASCO Palliative Support Care Oncology Symposium
October 27-28, 2017
San Diego, CA
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for palliative treatment of bone metastases: Practice patterns and survival outcomes. C Kinchen, T Taylor, C Johnstone, J Robbins.
- Practice patterns in radiation therapy for bone metastases across multiple primary sites. T Taylor, C Kinchen, C Johnstone, J Robbins.
- Development of prompt radiation oncology mediated palliative treatment PROMPT) program for handling emergent cases at an academic hospital. J Robbins, M Shukla, M Bedi, C Johnstone.
Society for Neuro-oncology (SNO)
22nd Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day
November 16-19, 2017
San Francisco, CA
- Pretreatment volume of MRI-determined white matter injury (WMI) predicts cognitive decline after hippocampal avoidant (HA) WBRT for brain metastases: Secondary analysis of NRG Oncology RTOG 0933. J Bovi, S Pugh, D Sabsevitz, C Robinson, E Paulson, M Mehta, V Gondi, V Kundapur, W Pinover, S Chao, M Machtay, A S DeNittis, N Laack, J Greenspoon, R Mannel, J Huang, M Dominello, L Kachnic.
Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
103rd Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting
November 26-December 1, 2017
- Sequencing of Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma and Gallbladder Carcinoma. JD Van Wickle, L Rein, E Smith, NG Berger, TC Gamblin, B George, P Ritch, T Yen, S Tsai, K Christans, DB Evans, JR Robbins, BA Erickson, WA Hall.
Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
November 26-December 1, 2017
- Sequencing of chemotherapy and radiation therapy in the treatment of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and gallbladder carcinoma. J Van Wickle, L Rein, JR Robbins, B Erickson, NG Berger, TC Gamblin, B George, P Ritch, T Yen, S Tsai, K Christians, D Evans, W Hall.
- Novel MR-only imaging protocol for MR-gRT. E Paulson, N Michevicius, Z Boyd.
- Accelerated magnetic resonance fingerprinting using multiband pSSF. N Mickevicius, E Paulson.
Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancer Symposium
February 18-20, 2016
- The long-term predictive value of post treatment PET/CT imaging in head and next squamous cell carcinoma. S Suppiah, M Michel, M Stadler, B Massey, B Campbell, S Wong, C Schultz, J Robbins, D Wang.
American Radium Society (ARS)
98th Annual Meeting
Apri 16-19, 2016
- An MRI-based online adaptive replanning tool. O Ates, E Ahunbay, G Chen J Zhang, JF Wilson XA Li.
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Community Engagement Week
April 18-22, 2016
- Increasing breast cancer screening in Progressive Community Health Centers patients. J Longo, A Kos, JF Wilson JF, A Currey.
4th MR in RT Symposium
June 18-19, 2016
Ann Arbor, MI
- Individualized dose prescription map based on MRI/ADC map for chemoradiation therapy pancreas cancer. XF Chen, P Prior, A Tai, XA Li.
- MR assessed intrafraction organ motions in pelvis. XV Chen, Y Song, B Erickson, XA Li.
American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
July 31-August 4, 2016
- Evaluation of deformation field accuracy using regional rigid registration with variable size. E Ahunbay XA Li.
- Online replanning for dose painting based on changing ADC map of pancreas cancer. O Ates, E Ahunbay, B Erickson XA Li.
- Clinical implementation of an outline replanning process. O Ates, E Ahunbay, G Chen, C Lawton, XA Li.
- Automated dose accumulation and dose accuracy assessment for online or offline adaptive planning. G Chen, E Ahunbay, XA Li.
- Dose effects of a 1.5T magnetic field on air-tissue and lung tissue interfaces in MRI guided radiotherapy. XF Chen, P Prior, GC Chen CS Schultz XA Li.
- Early detection of treatment induced bone marrow injury during chemoradiation therapy using quantitative CT. XV Chen XA Li.
- Radiation induced changes in CT number histogram during chemoradiation therapy for pancreatic cancer. XV Chen, D Schott, W Hall, B Erickson, Y Song, D Li, XA Li.
- Early assessment of treatment response during radiation therapy delivery for esophageal cancer using quantitative CT. D Li, XA Li.
- Development of a CT radiomics based early response prediction model during delivery of chemoradiation therapy for pancreatic cancer. S Klawikowski, J Christian, D Schott, J Zhang XA Li.
- Automated dose deformation for re-irradiation. S Lim, K Kainz, XA Li.
- Improving CT quality for radiation therapy planning and delivery guidance using a non-linear contrast enhancement technique. G Noid, A Tai, XA Li.
- Enhancing soft tissue CT contrast for radiation therapy using mono-energetic decompositions of dual energy CT. G Noid, A Tai, Y Liu, XA Li.
- Real-time organ motion monitoring using ultrasound and KV fluoroscopy during lung SBRT delivery. E Omari, D Cooper, M Lachine, XA Li.
- CT texture based early tumor treatment response assessment during radiation therapy delivery: small cell vs non-small cell lung cancers. J Paul, EM Gore, XA Li.
- Is bulk electron density assignment appropriate for MRI only based treatment planning for lung cancer? P Prior, X Chen, C Johnstone, E Gore, XA Li.
- Statistical segmentation on quantitative CT for assessing spatial tumor response during radiation therapy delivery. D Schott, T Schmidt, X Chen, S Klawikowski, G Noid, E Dalah, XA Li.
- Monitor deep inspiratory breathhold with a laser sensor for radiation therapy of left breast cancer. A Tai, DJ Li, A Currey, XA Li.
- An automated and quick contour error detection for auto segmentation in online adaptive radiotherapy. J Zhang, O Ates, XA Li.
American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
September 25-28, 2016
- A system to evaluate uncertainty in accumulated dose by deformable image registration. E Ahunbay, O Ates, XA Li.
- A hybrid adaptive replanning approach for prostate SBRT. O Ates, E Ahunbay, C Lawton, XA Li.
- A mutation and prognostic biomarker study in grade II and III gliomas utilizing a combined cohort of NRG Oncology/RTO 9802/9813. E Bell, J McElroy, C Schultz, J Fleming, C Timmer, A Chakraborty, A Salavaggione, S Chang, E Shaw, K Aldape, D Brachman, H Shih, M Curtis, G Hunter, A Murtha, P Zhang, M Won, M Mehta, A Chakravarti.
- Early cardiotoxicity in thoracic radiotherapy for lung and esophageal cancer. J Borkenhagen, CT Rapp, S Klawikowski, EM Gore.
- Deriving patient specific radiation dose prescription map using ADC for dose painting of pancreatic cancer. XF Chen, P Prior, A Tai, XA Li.
- Quantitative CT for radiation induced changes in normal breast tissue during partial breast irradiation. XV Chen, C Bergom, A Currey, T Kelly, C Edwin, A Montes, XA Li.
- Clinical significance of updated MRI simulation immediate postoperative MRI for radiation treatment planning in patients with glioblastoma. A Dayal, M Siker, S Firat, J Bovi, C Schultz, W Mueller, J Connelly S Rand, XA Li.
- Impact of incidental cardiac radiation on cardiopulmonary toxicity and survival for locally advanced NSCLC: Reanalysis of NRG Oncology/RTOG 0617 with centrally contoured cardiac structures. E Gore, H Chen, V Bar Ad, C Robinson, M Wheatley, J Bogart, Y Garces, V Kavadi, S Narayan, P Lyengar, J Witt, J Welsh, C Koprowski, J Larner, J Bradley.
- Outcome analysis of treatment in stage IIA T3N0 rectal adenocarcinoma in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). W Hall, D Lans, B Erickson, E Gore, C Arce-Lara, M Kelley,R Santana-Davila,D Marcus, S Tsai, T Ridolfi T.
- Pancreatic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computer tomography (CT) radiomic metrics correlate with pathologic molecular: An exploratory analysis. W Hall, ES Paulson, B Erickson, XA Li, A Vistocky, S Tsai, E Koay, P Knechges, D Evans, K Christian, P Ritch, B George, K Oshima.
- The impact of dose on overall survival in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma treated with stereotactic body radiation therapy. AY Hammad, RK Schmid, BA Erickson, TC Gamblin, J Robbins.
- Patient reported outcomes in RTOG 0436: A phase III trial evaluating the addition of cetuximab to paclitaxel, cisplatin and radiation for esophageal cancer treated without surgery. L Kachnic, J Moughan, E Gore, M Suntharalingam, D Ilson, A Konski, W Burrows.
- Automated tracking of fractional and accumulated doses for triggering adaptive replanning. K Kainz, S Lim XA Li.
- Correlation of SMAD4 expression in pre-treatment cytologic specimens and post-neoadjuvant treatment surgical specimens in patients with pancreatic cancer. J Kharofa, C Barnes, A Mackinnon, B George, P Ritch, K Christians, D Evans, B Erickson.
- Early treatment response assessment based on CT HU histogram feature in the periphery of lung tumor. S Lim, XV Chen, E Gore, XA Li.
- Enhancement of early radiation treatment response assessment by mono-energetic decomposition of dual energy CT. G Noid, A Tai, Y Liu, XA Li.
- Quantitative CT for tumor response assessment during radiation therapy for lung cancer. J Paul, EM Gore, XA Li.
- Dosimetric feasibility of pre-operative partial breast irradiation on prone position using MR linac. P Prior, A Currey, T Kelly, J Bovi, C Bergom, XA Li.
- Risk factors predisposing to early radiation induced cardiotoxicity with definitive RT for lung and esophageal cancer. CT Rapp, Borkenhagen, S Klawikowski, EM Gore, D Schott, W Hall, P Paulson, B Erickson, K Oshima, E Dalah, T Schmidt, XA Li.
- Correlation of ADC texture with treatment response for chemoradiation therapy of pancreatic cancer. D Schott, W Hall, P Paulson, B Erickson, K Oshima, E Dalah, T Schmidt, XA Li.
- Pulsed reduced dose rate re-irradiation (PDRDR) using modulated arc (mARC) IMRT for recurrent gliomas: Initial clinical outcomes of a novel technique. M Siker, S Firat, D Prah, C Schultz, A Dayal, C Masterson, J Connelly, W Mueller, J Bovi.
- A novel breast cancer xenograft model identifies genetic variants in the tumor microenvironment that enhance radiation response. M Straza, A Rymaszewski, A Frey, A Lemke, SW Tsaih, M Flister, C Bergom.
- Modeling tumor regrowth after stereotactic body radiation therapy for early stage lung cancer. A Tai, F Liu, XA Li.
- Updated 4 year results for NRG Oncology 0921: A phase II study of postoperative intensity modulated radiation therapy with concurrent cisplatin and bevacizumab followed by carboplatin and paclitaxel for patients with endometrial cancer. A Viswanathan, K Winter, B Erickson, B Miller, Y Xiao, A Jhingran, L Portelance, W Bosch, U Matulonis, N Horwitz, R Mannel, L Souhami, W Small Jr, D Gaffney.
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy vs 3D conformal radiotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A pooled analysis of NRG Oncology/RTOG 0129 and 0522. M Yao, Q Zhang, C Schultz, C Woods, PF Nguyen-Tan, D Rosenthal, A Garden, W Thorstad, P Anne, J Caudell, E Filion, J Ridge, C Jones, H Kim, S Yom, D Raben, J Bonner, M Machtay, J Harris, QT Le.
- Computed tomography consensus CTV contouring for IMRT in intact cervical carcinoma. C Yasher, I Peterson, B Erickson, W Bosch, K Albuquerque, S Beriwal, J Chino, J Feddock, D Gaffney, R Iyer, A Klopp C Kunos, J Mayadev, L Portelance, A Viswanathan, A Wolfson, A Jhingran, L Mell.
- Implementation of a machine-learning based automatic contour QA tool for online adaptive radiotherapy of prostate cancer. J Zhang, O Ates, XA Li.
- Improving delineation of gross tumor volume using MRI for external beam radiation therapy of locally advanced cervical cancer. Y Song, XV Chen, B Erickson, XA Li.
- Postmastectomy radiation therapy reduces locoregional recurrence in breast cancer patients in 1-2 positive lymph node: 8 year results. Y Pham, S Rehman, M Shukla, C Reddy, H Moore., T Budd, J Crowe, C Shah, S Cherian, R Tendulkar.
- NRG/RTOG 0415: Phase LLL non-inferiority study comparing 2 fractionation scheduled in patients with low-risk prostate cancer: Prostate specific quality of life results. D Watkins Bruner, W Hall.
- Complex abdominal organ motion assessed from MRI. E Omari, Y Song, J Christian, E Paulson, B Erickson, XA Li.