Medical Student Information
The Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin offers a variety of third and fourth year rotations to students interested in exploring or planning to pursue the specialty.
- 2 week elective course at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center (VA)
- 2 week elective course at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (CHW)
- 2 week elective course at Froedtert Hospital (FH)
- 4 week graded course (students may rotate at FH, the VA and CHW)
- 4 week acting internship (students rotate at FH, CHW and the VA)
- 4 week pediatric otolaryngology acting internship (students rotate primarily at CHW)
- 4 week graded elective (students rotate at FH, CHW and the VA)
For additional rotation information, please visit the course catalog in Oasis (password required).
Visiting Student Information
Doing an away, one month elective rotation at MCW is a great way to learn more about our residency program, and get to know our residents and faculty. If you are interested in applying to be a visiting student, please visit the Medical College of Wisconsin's Office of the Registrar to learn more and apply.
Otolaryngology Student Experience
As a surgical subspecialty, there will be ample opportunity for students to gain exposure to inpatient and outpatient care, as well as both surgical and nonsurgical patient care. The student experience will incorporate a broad spectrum of the specialty including:
- General Otolaryngology
- Head and Neck Surgical Oncology
- Laryngology/Professional Voice
- Otology and Neuro-otology
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Sinus and Rhinology
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Sleep Medicine/Sleep Surgery
Students will attend all departmental conferences, didactic sessions, professor rounds, discussion sessions, and journal clubs that may occur during their rotation.