Welcome to the Division of Surgical Education
Philip N. Redlich, MD, PhD - Message from the Chief
The Medical College of Wisconsin Surgical Residency Program offers a large, diverse clinical experience, an opportunity for sophisticated research and an environment conducive to professional growth and maturation. Read more about the Division of Surgical Education
The Mission of the Division of Education is to support the design, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs to achieve excellence in training for students, residents, faculty, and other physicians.
The Division of Education will achieve recognition as a leading resource for surgical education as reflected by the success of our trainees and participation of the Department of Surgery faculty in education research, presentations, publications, and leadership roles.
MCW ON THE RADIO
Join us on Saturday, October 28 at 3 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the second program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
This program is devoted to heart disease with a special emphasis on heart surgery and heart transplantation. The program chair is Dr. Paul Pearson, Chief of the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
Joining Dr. Pearson in this program are:
- Dr. Peter Mason, an interventional cardiologist in the Division of Cardiology and the Department of Medicine
- Jessica Kurowski, an advanced practice nurse practitioner in the Cardiac Valve Program at Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Dr. Mitch Saltzberg, the Medical Director of the Comprehensive Heart Failure and Transplant Program in the Division of Cardiology
- Dr. David Joyce, a cardiovascular surgeon in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Meg Shannon-Stone, an advanced practice nurse practitioner in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Dr. Nicole Lohr, a cardiologist in the Division of Cardiology
View additional programs