Welcome to the Division of Surgical Education
Philip N. Redlich, MD, PhD - Message from the Chief
The Medical College of Wisconsin Surgical Residency Program offers a large, diverse clinical experience, an opportunity for sophisticated research and an environment conducive to professional growth and maturation. Read more about the Division of Surgical Education
The Mission of the Division of Education is to support the design, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs to achieve excellence in training for students, residents, faculty, and other physicians.
The Division of Education will achieve recognition as a leading resource for surgical education as reflected by the success of our trainees and participation of the Department of Surgery faculty in education research, presentations, publications, and leadership roles.
MCW on the RADIO
Join us on Saturday, December 9 at 4 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the fifth program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
The Trauma program will focus on the management of trauma, mass casualties, and the importance of Level I trauma centers in the community. The panel of experts will speak about what events are classified as a trauma, process of treatment from incident to recovery, pediatric trauma, MCW’s Trauma Psychology Program, and hear from a victim of the 2012 spa shooting in Brookfield, WI.
The panel includes:
- Dr. Marc de Moya, Chief of the Division of Trauma and Critical Care
- Dr. Olga Kaslow, Director of Trauma Anesthesia Services at MCW
- Dr. Stephen Hargarten, Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine and Associate Dean for Global Health at MCW
- Dr. David Gourlay, Chief of the Division of Pediatric Surgery
- Dr. Amy Drendel, Medical Director of the Emergency Department at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Dr. Terri deRoon-Cassini, Clinical psychologist in the Division of Trauma and Critical Care, and Director of MCW Trauma Psychology Program
- Dr. Matthew Jandrisvits, Clinical psychologist at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
View additional programs