President's Community Engagement Award
Now accepting nominations through February 15
The President’s Community Engagement Award recognizes the exemplary community-academic partnership, community-engaged research or community outreach activities of faculty, staff, students and/or community partners of the Medical College of Wisconsin. Nominations are now being accepted through February 15, 2019. Please expand the sections at the right to view complete details about the nomination and award process.
- Individuals and organizations, regardless of previous nominations, are eligible for nomination.
- Only individuals and organizations who have not received the award in the past 5 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Those who wish to resubmit nominations from last year must complete our new online submission form this year; however, you may contact the MCW CE Office to discuss options for obtaining information from last year’s submission as a reference.
- Nominations can be for:
- An individual who is a staff member, faculty member, student, or alumna/alumnus of MCW; or
- A community partner of MCW (may be an individual or organization); or
- A community program that is administered by an MCW faculty or staff member or student in partnership with an MCW community partner. This may include individuals or organizations that are external to MCW centers, departments and institutes and includes affiliated healthcare organizations, government and non-government organizations.
- Before beginning the nomination process, please ensure that the Nominee is aware that you are nominating her/him for this award.
- It is a condition of the award that the recipient is available to attend the award ceremony luncheon around noon on Friday, May 3, 2019. Before proceeding with this nomination, please ascertain that the Nominee would be available to attend if awarded.
- Nominations must be submitted using our new online Nomination Submission Form
- The online form must be completed in its entirety and submitted with all necessary documents by Friday, February 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm.
- Required documents to be submitted using the online form include:
- Nomination letter from MCW faculty member, MCW staff member, or MCW student (maximum of 2 pages); and
- Two supporting letters from faculty, staff, students, community partners, and/or alumni (maximum of 2 pages each); and
- Nominee's resumé, CV or biosketch (maximum of 5 pages)
- Optional: maximum of 2 pages total of additional supporting documentation of honors, articles, press releases, etc.
- View a Sample Nomination Submission Form (PDF). All final submissions should be submitted using the online form linked below.
- Nominations will be reviewed by members of the Community Engagement Award Committee Members
- Review criteria includes:
- Institutional and community impact and outcomes
- Strength of community partnership
- Effort given towards partnership/project
- Evidence of exceptionalism in partnership/project
- Overall merit
- Results of the reviews will be vetted by the Associate Provost & Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement who will consult with committee members as needed.
- Recommendations will be submitted to the President of MCW who will then render the final decision as to the recipients of the award.
Each awardee will be recognized for her/his exemplary work in Community Engagement and will:
- Be featured as an awardee at the MCW President’s Community Engagement Award Ceremony Luncheon on Friday, May 3, 2019
- Receive a plaque
- Receive a $2000 monetary award
- Have name engraved on the MCW Plaque of Awardees, located in the Office of the Associate Provost & Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement
- Be featured in the MCW President’s Community Engagement Award Program and, potentially, future special feature articles and highlights through other MCW communication platforms and external news sources