Virtual President's Community Engagement Award scheduled
We invite everyone to attend and we encourage the awardee’s family, friends and colleagues to participate remotely in this celebration! Check back here in early October for details about how to join us in honoring this year’s recipients.
President's Community Engagement Award
Learn more about past awardees
Nominations are closed for the 2020 award
The President’s Community Engagement Award recognizes the exemplary community-academic partnerships, community-engaged research (CEnR), or community outreach activities and programs of faculty, staff, students and/or community partners of the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). The award includes a plaque and $2,000 which will be presented to awardees during a luncheon ceremony on Friday, May 8, 2020 at MCW’s Milwaukee campus.
- Individuals and organizations, regardless of previous nominations, are eligible for nomination.
- Only individuals and organizations who have not received the award in the past 5 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Those who submitted a nomination in the past may resubmit this year - please contact the MCW Community Engagement Office for details on how to proceed.
- Nominations can be for:
- An individual who is a staff member, faculty member, student, or alumna/alumnus of MCW; or
- A community partner of MCW (may be an individual or organization); or
- A community program that is administered by an MCW faculty or staff member or student in partnership with an MCW community partner. This may include individuals or organizations that are external to MCW centers, departments and institutes and includes affiliated healthcare organizations, government and non-government organizations.
- A single nomination can be for a team of two or more individuals. Please note that in this case the nomination and supporting letters should be written about the team, and not as separate letters per individual. However, each team member should submit an individual resumé/CV/biosketch. Also note that the monetary award would be split among the team members.
- For your reference, download a PDF version of the online nomination form below.
- Before beginning the nomination process, please ensure that the Nominee is aware that you are nominating her/him for this award.
- It is a condition of the award that the recipient is available to attend the award luncheon ceremony around noon on Friday, May 8, 2020. Before proceeding with this nomination, please ascertain that the Nominee would be available to attend if awarded.
- Nominations must be submitted using our online REDCap form.
- The online form must be completed in its entirety and submitted with all necessary documents by the deadline of Friday, February 14, 2020 @ 11:59 pm.
- Required documents to be submitted using the online form include:
- Nomination letter from MCW faculty member, MCW staff member, or MCW student (maximum of 2 pages); and
- Two supporting letters from faculty, staff, students, community partners, and/or alumni (maximum of 2 pages each); and
- Nominee's resumé, CV or biosketch (maximum of 5 pages)
- Optional: maximum of 2 pages total of additional supporting documentation of honors, articles, press releases, etc. (Advertising, images, spacing, or extraneous content will not be counted toward the 2 page limit)
- All final submissions should be submitted using the online form linked below.
- Nominations will be reviewed by members of the Community Engagement Award Committee
- Review criteria includes:
- Institutional and community impact and outcomes
- Strength of community partnership
- Effort and commitment given towards partnership/project
- Evidence of exceptionalism in partnership/project
- Overall merit
- Results of the reviews will be vetted by the Associate Provost & Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement who will consult with committee members as needed.
- Recommendations will be submitted to the President of MCW who will then render the final decision as to the recipients of the award.
Each awardee will be recognized for her/his exemplary work in Community Engagement and will:
- Be featured as an awardee at the MCW President’s Community Engagement Award Luncheon Ceremony on Friday, May 8, 2020
- Receive a plaque
- Receive a $2000 monetary award
- Have name engraved on the MCW Plaque of Awardees, located in the Office of the Associate Provost & Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement
- Be featured in the MCW President’s Community Engagement Award Program and, potentially, future special feature articles and highlights through other MCW communication platforms and external news sources
About the Award
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions, please call or email our office.