President's Community Engagement Award
The President's Community Engagement Award ceremony highlighted the exemplary community-academic partnerships, community-engaged research, and community outreach activities of faculty, staff, students, and community partners of MCW. Awardees were recognized for their achievements during an in-person ceremony luncheon on Friday, May 5, 2023 at the MCW-Milwaukee campus. learn more about 2023 recipients
Nomination Period Closed as of 2/19/2023
Awardees will be recognized for their achievements during a ceremony held on Friday, May 5, 2023, from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at the MCW-Milwaukee campus.
- Individuals and organizations are eligible for nomination regardless of previous nominations.
- Only individuals and organizations who have not received the award in the past 5 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Those who submitted a nomination in the past may resubmit this year - please contact the MCW Community Engagement Office for details on how to proceed.
- Nominations can be for:
- An individual who is a staff member, faculty member, student, or alumna/alumnus of MCW; or
- A community partner of MCW (may be an individual or organization); or
- A community program that is administered by an MCW faculty or staff member or student in partnership with an MCW community partner.
- This may include individuals or organizations that are external to MCW such as affiliated healthcare organizations, government and non-government organizations.
- A single nomination can be for a team of two or more individuals. Please note that in this case the nomination and supporting letters should be written about the team, and not as separate letters per individual. However, each team member should submit an individual resumé/CV/biosketch.
- For your reference, download a PDF version of the online nomination form below.
- Before beginning the nomination process, please ensure that the Nominee(s) are aware that you are nominating them for this award.
- The 2023 Award Ceremony will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, May 5 at the MCW-Milwaukee campus and all awardees will be expected to attend, so please share this information with your Nominee(s).
- Nominations must be submitted using our online REDCap form.
- The online form must be completed in its entirety and submitted with all necessary documents by the deadline of Sunday, February 19 @ 11:59 pm.
- Required documents to be submitted using the online form include:
- Nomination letter from MCW faculty member, MCW staff member, or MCW student (maximum of 2 pages); and
- Two supporting letters from faculty, staff, students, community partners, and/or alumni (maximum of 2 pages each); and
- Nominee's resumé, CV or bio sketch (maximum of 5 pages)
- Optional: maximum of 2 pages total of additional supporting documentation of honors, articles, press releases, etc. (Advertising, images, spacing, or extraneous content will not be counted toward the 2-page limit).
- All final submissions should be submitted using the online form linked below.
Nomination Letter Examples
For your reference, examples of successful nomination letters are available for download below:
- Nominations will be reviewed by members of the Community Engagement Award Committee.
- Review criteria include:
- Institutional and community impact and outcomes
- Strength of community partnership
- Effort and commitment given towards partnership/project
- Evidence of exceptionalism in partnership/project
- Overall merit
- Results of the reviews will be vetted by the Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement who will consult with committee members as needed.
- Recommendations will be submitted to the President of MCW who will then render the final decision as to the recipients of the award.
- Each awardee will be recognized for their exemplary work in Community Engagement and will:
Be featured as an awardee at the 2023 President’s Community Engagement Award Ceremony to be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, May 5, 2023, at the MCW-Milwaukee campus.
- Receive a personalized plaque.
- Have name engraved on the MCW Plaque of Awardees, located in the Office of the Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement.
- Be featured in the MCW President’s Community Engagement Award Program.
- Receive special recognition on MCW websites and social media platforms.
About the Award
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) President’s Community Engagement Award recognizes the exemplary community-academic partnerships, community engaged research (CEnR), or community outreach activities and programs of faculty, staff, students and/or community partners of MCW. view all award recipients
Connect with Us
There's more than one way to connect with us - join our email list for program news and event updates, or keep up with us on our socials!