About MCW Epidemiology
Faculty & Staff
Director of Epidemiology
Laura Cassidy, PhD joined the Institute for Health & Equity in 2011 when she took over as Director of the PhD Program in Public and Community Health and the Division of Epidemiology. Dr. Cassidy is the Research Director for the Institute for Health & Equity.
Faculty of Epidemiology
The division of Epidemiology is home to four grant funded professors and one instructor.
Staff of Epidemiology
The division of Epidemiology serves as home to 11 staff members supported by divisional grants and funds.
The Institute for Health & Equity
Institute for Health & Equity
The Division of Epidemiology is one of four divisions within the Institute for Health & Equity (IHE).
The mission of the Institute for Health & Equity is to improve health and advance equity through partnerships and to integrate medicine and population health.
Guiding Principles - IHE
- Integrate public and community health across research, education, clinical, and community initiatives.
- Foster collaboration among departments and disciplines, and strengthen relationships with community.
- Build capacity by creating and strengthening effective partnerships that are innovative and mutually beneficial.
- Share power and resources equitably among partners to maximize effective outcomes.
- Nurture programs in public health disciplines and encourage methodological research in biostatistics, bioethics, and global health.