Faculty & StaffThe director of the Division of Epidemiology is Laura Cassidy, MS, PhD. She joined the Institute for Health & Equity in 2011 when she took over as Director of the PhD Program in Public and Community Health and the Division of Epidemiology. Dr. Cassidy is the Research Director for the Institute for Health & Equity.
Learn more about our director, Dr. Laura Cassidy
Institute for Health & Equity Mission
Epidemiology is a division within the Institute for Health & Equity (IHE). The mission of IHE is to improve health and advance equity through partnerships and to integrate medicine and population health.
Guiding Principles - IHE
- Integrate public and community health across research, education, clinical, and community initiatives.
- Foster collaboration among departments and disciplines, and strengthen relationships with community.
- Build capacity by creating and strengthening effective partnerships that are innovative and mutually beneficial.
- Share power and resources equitably among partners to maximize effective outcomes.
- Nurture programs in public health disciplines and encourage methodological research in biostatistics, bioethics, and global health.