About MCW Epidemiology
Epidemiology Faculty and Staff
Director of Epidemiology
Laura Cassidy, PhD, joined the Institute for Health & Equity in 2011 as Director of the PhD Program in Public and Community Health and the Division of Epidemiology. Dr. Cassidy is the Research Director for the Institute for Health & Equity.
The division of Epidemiology is home to four grant funded professors and one instructor.
The division of Epidemiology serves as home to 11 staff members supported by divisional grants and funds.
Institute for Health & Equity
Epidemiology is a division within the Institute for Health & Equity (IHE). Other divisions within the Institute include The Division of Biostatistics, The Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, and The Division of Community Health.
Institute for Health & Equity Mission and Guiding Principles
The mission of the Institute for Health & Equity is to improve health and advance equity through partnerships and to integrate medicine and population health.
- Integrate public and community health across research, education, clinical, and community initiatives.
- Foster collaboration among departments and disciplines, and strengthen relationships with community.
- Build capacity by creating and strengthening effective partnerships that are innovative and mutually beneficial.
- Share power and resources equitably among partners to maximize effective outcomes.
- Nurture programs in public health disciplines and encourage methodological research in biostatistics, bioethics, and global health.