Our Global Engagement
The Office of Global Health is part of "MCW's just cause to improve health for all." We envision a healthier world that is just, equitable, and thriving for everyone, a world where social and human differences are drivers of health and wellbeing, not barriers. The Office of Global Health is committed to the intentional actions it will take to achieve this vision through our global engagement.
MCW formally supports the Brocher Declaration for "promoting appropriate short-term engagements."
Its principles are:
- Mutual partnerships with bidirectional input and learning
- Empowered host country and community define needs and activities
- Sustainable programs and capacity building
- Compliance with applicable laws, ethical standards, and code of conduct
- Humility, cultural sensitivity, and respect for all involved
- Accountability for actions
These align with MCW's global engagement approach and global health definition.
Medical College of Wisconsin
Medical Education Building
3rd floor, Suite #3165
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226