Salary and Benefits
- Residents select an advisor who will help guide, teach and mentor the resident throughout the three (3) years of training.
- Quarterly meetings with advisors are mandatory.
- Specific conferences regarding choosing a career, identifying potential subspecialty interests, searching for jobs, writing a curriculum vitae, and life after residency occur during resident retreats and as part of the noon conference series.
- Conferences regarding health care financing, billing and coding, managing stress and fatigue, and risk management also are scheduled routinely.
- An institution-wide Research/Biostatistics lecture series is available for all interested residents to attend.
- The Residents as Teachers Conference and curriculum builds skills and knowledge to improve all residents' ability to teach and supervise.
- The Children’s Research Institute sponsors a weekly Research Conference in which faculty and invited speakers present state-of-the-art, current basic, clinical, and translational research studies. Specific subspecialty sections also sponsor research seminars, case conferences and journal clubs.
Medical Education Office
Children's Corporate Center
999 N. 92nd St., Suite 730
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 337-7068 (fax)