MCW Pediatric Resident Wellness Program
The MCW Pediatric Resident Wellness program focuses on exploring and experiencing methods, strategies, and mindsets that enhance both personal and professional wholeness. The program is run by residents and faculty and is supported by medical education. It is organized around the AMA's 6 pillars of wellness - Nutrition, Fitness, Emotional Health, Preventative Care, Financial Health, and Mindset and behavior adaptability. Examples of activities:
- Monthly physical activities: Soccer, Basketball, Kickball, Volleyball, Run Club, Cycling, Mini Golf, Climbing
- Social Activities: Fall festival, Winter party, Happy hours, Dinners hosted by attendings
- Weekly Yoga
- Six noon conferences dedicated to wellness
- Three dedicated half days a year to preventative care appointments
- Patient remembrance gatherings
- Workplace integration: Resident lounge with happy lights, bosu balls, canvases and painting supplies.
- Healthy snacks supplied in resident lounge, including Vitamix to make smoothies.
- Quality Improvement: Monthly "Fuel Gage" survey and twice yearly surveys to assess impact of our program on resident wellness.
- We are always looking for more ways to promote wellness and prevent burn out and welcome new ideas!
Our Residency's Wellness Focus
Check out our video to learn from our team members about our wellness initatives that are part of our residency program!