Why Choose Our Pediatric Residency Program?
About our Pediatric Residency Program
- Outstanding residents who support and encourage one another in a collegial environment
- World class faculty who are passionate about resident education
- Exceptional breadth and depth of clinical experiences, from general community pediatrics to all pediatric subspecialties
- Individualized attention to each resident's career and life needs, with faculty advisors, program directors, chief residents and staff available to mentor, guide and assist
- Superior fellowships and positions in the most competitive programs and practices obtained by graduates of our program every year
- Comprehensive pediatric curriculum to promote individual career development
- Primary care, hospitalist, global health, subspecialty, hybrid and career development tracks to individualize your learning and optimize your training to be beneficial to your future career
- Community advocacy and medical home curricula for all residents, including participation in community-based projects
- Clinical, basic, and translational research opportunities in all subspecialties
- Potential to participate in the Accelerated Research Pathway of the American Board of Pediatrics, consisting of two years of general pediatric residency followed by four years of fellowship training
- Resident input is valued and used to optimize the resident experience
- Supportive philosophy and generous policies regarding maternity leave, sick leave, and family commitments
- Very competitive salary and benefits package
- Vibrant city with affordable housing, short commute times, excellent schools, safe and diverse neighborhoods, a large population of young professionals and a full spectrum of urban, recreational and outdoor activities
I couldn't be happier to have matched here. I truly love so many things about this program! I feel supported, I've made amazing friends, and I feel that I am constantly learning without fear of being wrong. This system truly cares about us as residents and values our work and well-being. We have excellent attendings, chiefs and senior residents that have constantly made my life better. I wouldn't change it for the world!
I love how our program is constantly helping us learn! Whether it's attendings teaching on rounds, intern/night report, boards prep articles from our chiefs, senior residents taking time to show us an educational powerpoint, or our fun noon conferences (with free lunch!!!) - my day is spent surrounded by a constant flow of teaching in a way that is perfectly at my level.
Milwaukee is great. I attend Bucks games, Brewers games, musicals, river cruises, pedal taverns, music festivals, the State Fair, apple/pumpkin picking, learning to curl, ice skating downtown! There is literally something for every season. Our class is able to get a group together at least once per month to do something fun, and I feel that the balance of rotations has allowed me to accomplish all of the life tasks (doctors, dentists, haircuts, grocery shopping) that I need to do.
Laura Goeser, MCW pediatric resident, class of 2021
I can't say enough about how encouraging faculty have been with regards to my need to figure out what I'm doing with my life. Physicians, even department chairs, have been so friendly and responsive to requests to meet and talk about their careers. I have had a slew of recommendations for people to talk to with regards to being a woman in leadership positions in medicine. I didn't know what to expect, but knowing that there are so many people who really want to be part of their residents' "formative years" (for lack of a better term) and to help us find our way and succeed has been lovely.
Swathi Prasad, MCW pediatric resident, class of 2021
Medical Education Office
Children's Corporate Center
999 N. 92nd St., Suite 730
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 337-7068 (fax)