How to Apply to the Pediatrics Residency Program
- All applications should be submitted through ERAS.
- All PL1 positions are filled through the NRMP.
- We require three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals who know you well.
- A chair’s letter is not required.
- The electronic application, the MSPE from your medical school, three (3) letters of recommendation, a personal statement, a transcript, and USMLE and/or COMLEX scores (either is acceptable) will complete your application.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified if an interview will be necessary.
- Interviews are conducted from November through January.
The Interview Day
The interview day will consist of:
- Attending Senior Rounds
- A program welcome
- An introduction to the program with the Program Director, Mike Weisgerber and Chief Residents
- A group meeting with the Program Coordinators
- Individual interviews with the Program Director or Associate Director and two Faculty members
- A walking tour of the Children's Wisconsin
- Lunch with Residents
- The interview day will end at approximately 1:15 pm.
- We offer a casual dinner with some of our residents at a local restaurant every Monday and Wednesday evening (6:00-8:00 pm). You are not required to attend, but it is a nice opportunity to meet residents in an informal setting.
Medical Education Office
Children's Corporate Center
999 N. 92nd St., Suite 730
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 337-7068 (fax)