Academic and Student Services hero small
Academic and Student Services

Graduate School Tuition & Fees Information

The majority of students enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies as a degree candidate have scholarships and stipends available to them that are awarded by the individual degree-granting programs or by the Graduate School. Based on the student expense budget, graduate students receiving the scholarship and stipend are not typically eligible for other types of financial aid.

If you're a graduate student enrolled as a degree seeking student in a Master of Science, Master of Arts or Master of Public Health program on at least a half time basis, you are eligible to apply for financial assistance which includes the Federal Student Loan Programs (see the Student Loan Information on the Financial Aid and Tuition webpage). Non degree seeking students or students enrolled in Certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid. Application materials must be completed on a yearly basis. Please refer to the application materials. You can use estimated information when filling out your forms (see the Student Loan Information section below). Financial aid applications are evaluated on the basis of income, assets, family size and other relevant information for the student/spouse. To be eligible for any financial assistance you must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.

If you have questions regarding tuition or your account, please contact the Office of Student Accounts, at (414) 955-8172 or Please refer to the All Student Bulletin (PDF) for tuition payment policies and information.

2023-2024 Standard Cost of Attendance Budget

2023-2024 Tuition & Fees

2022-2023 Tuition & Fees

View your tuition statement (login required)

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to complete a student loan entrance counseling?
All students who want to borrow from the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan programs must complete online entrance counseling. Visit the website to access the online entrance counseling. 
How can I get my registration approved if I plan to use financial aid to cover my bill?

If you are relying on financial aid to cover your billing expenses at the Medical College of Wisconsin you must have all required forms in the Financial Aid Office by July 1 for the fall term, November 15 for the spring term and March 15 for the summer term. We recommend that the FAFSA be submitted 15 days prior to the above mentioned dates. Promissory notes and entrance counseling must also be completed.

In order to receive the full amount of money you are eligible to receive, you must have returned a completed award letter. If your loans do not cover your entire bill, you will be required to pay the difference by the published deadline.

Applications completed after these dates may require another form of payment to complete the registration process. Please check the registration information for deadlines for registration and tuition payment, and the late fees that are associated with missed deadlines.