Welcome to the
Department of Surgery
Douglas B. Evans, MD
Donald C. Ausman Family Foundation Professor of Surgery and Chair
Welcome to the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Surgery. This site will give you some idea of our environment and our accomplishments. If you desire a career in surgery, are a good student and are willing to work hard to become the best possible surgeon, please visit and talk with us about your future in surgery. We invite you to learn more about the residency program by selecting Education, about our departmental structure by selecting Divisions, about our Faculty and their Research by selecting the respective links.
We invite you to learn more about the Medical College and explore the city of Milwaukee through the links provided.
Dr. Evans' profile and selected articles...
MCW on the RADIO
Join us on Saturday, February 17 at 4 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the next program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
This airing of “The Word on Medicine” features many individuals who care for patients with uterine, ovarian and other gynecologic cancers. This show will focus on diagnosing, treating and managing these complex diseases.
- Dr. Denise Uyar, Gynecologic Oncologist
- Dr. Beth Erickson, Radiation Oncologist
- Jennifer Guerts, Genetic Counselor
- Claudia Bojar, Gynecology Oncology Outpatient Clinic Nurse
- Dr. Erin Bishop, Gynecologic Oncologist
- Dr. Stacy O’Connor, Radiologist
- Jamie Neary, NP, Women’s Health
- Mary Pipkin, Gynecology Oncology Research Program Nurse
- Dr. William Bradley, Gynecologic Oncologist
View additional programs