Welcome to the
Department of Surgery
Douglas B. Evans, MD
Donald C. Ausman Family Foundation Professor of Surgery and Chair
Welcome to the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Surgery. This site will give you some idea of our environment and our accomplishments. If you desire a career in surgery, are a good student and are willing to work hard to become the best possible surgeon, please visit and talk with us about your future in surgery. We invite you to learn more about the residency program by selecting Education, about our departmental structure by selecting Divisions, about our Faculty and their Research by selecting the respective links.
We invite you to learn more about the Medical College and explore the city of Milwaukee through the links provided.
Dr. Evans' profile and selected articles...
MCW on the RADIO
Join us on Saturday, November 25 at 3 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the fourth program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
Our fourth program is devoted to bariatric surgery and the management of obesity.
The panel of experts joining Dr. Evans are:
- Dr. Rana Higgins, bariatric surgery in the Division of General Surgery
- Dr. Vidya Kidambi, endocrinologist in the Division of Endocrinology
- Kate Glasenapp, adult nurse practitioner in the Division of Endocrinology
- Dr. Tammy Kindel, surgeon-scientist in the Division of General Surgery
- Dr. Kathryn Lauer, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs in the Department of Anesthesiology and Chief of Staff at Froedtert Hospital
View additional programs