POSTPONED - MCW Engage 2020 Poster Session
Call for Abstracts now open! Deadline Friday, March 13, 2020
We welcome submissions from individuals at MCW, our affiliate academic institutions, or community partner organizations. Those interested in participating in our poster session are invited to review criteria and guidelines at right, and submit an abstract using our online submission form.
- Abstracts and posters should:
- describe projects, research and/or lessons learned from the field of community-engaged research (CEnR); and
- fall within at least one of the following areas:
- community-academic partnerships for health
- community-centered information systems design
- metrics and outcomes in CEnR
- examples from the field in approaching translational research projects; and
- have been developed in direct collaboration with communities (e.g. through a community-academic partnership) or demonstrate a deep practical understanding of the needs and priorities of the communities
- Students who are members of the MCW DRIVE or SUPREMES programs are eligible to submit.
- We welcome abstracts of original work that have not previously been peer reviewed. We also welcome those that have previously been peer reviewed and presented non-locally.
- If unsure about whether your abstract meets these criteria, we encourage you to complete and submit the form and we will connect with you to clarify any issues.
Guidelines for Submission
- In contrast to typical academic conferences, abstracts and posters should use language that is understandable by the general public. Therefore please avoid using overly scientific or technical jargon.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in our conference program and you will be invited to share a PDF of your poster on the MCW Community Engagement website.
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less, not including abstract title or list of authors.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the link below by Friday, March 13 (Students from the SUPREMES or DRIVE programs have an extended timeline).
- If accepted, you will be responsible for printing your poster prior to Friday, May 8.
- You will receive notification whether your abstract has been accepted by April 1. Guidelines for creating your poster and printing information will be included with your acceptance.
Thanks to all who participated in the 2019 Poster Session!
The 2019 Poster Session as a part of MCW ENGAGE 2019: Strengthening Partnerships. Cultivating Capacity. was a huge success - thanks to all who submitted and presented their posters!
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions, please call or email our office.