Community Engagement Spring Conference Poster Session
Thanks to all who participated in the 2019 Poster Session!
The 2019 Poster Session as a part of MCW ENGAGE 2019: Strengthening Partnerships. Cultivating Capacity. was a huge success - thanks to all who submitted and presented their posters!
*2019 Call for Abstracts closed as of March 1*
We welcome submissions from individuals at MCW, our affiliate academic institutions, or community partner organizations. Those interested in participating in our poster session are invited to review the outlined criteria and guidelines, and submit an abstract using our new online submission form.
- Abstracts and posters should:
- describe projects, research and/or lessons learned from the field of community-engaged research (CEnR); and
- fall within at least one of the following areas:
- community-academic partnerships for health
- community-centered information systems design
- metrics and outcomes in CEnR
- examples from the field in approaching translational research projects; and
- have been developed in direct collaboration with communities (e.g. through a community-academic partnership) or demonstrate a deep practical understanding of the needs and priorities of the communities
- Students who are members of the MCW DRIVE or SUPREMES programs are eligible to submit.
- We welcome abstracts of original work that have not previously been peer reviewed. We also welcome those that have been peer reviewed and presented elsewhere, as long as the conference or meeting was not local.
- If unsure about whether your abstract meets these criteria, we encourage you to complete and submit the form and we will connect with you to clarify any issues.
Guidelines for Submission
- In contrast to typical academic conferences, abstracts and posters should use language that is understandable by the general public. Therefore please avoid using overly scientific or technical jargon.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in our conference program as submitted, so please ensure the abstract is in final format with no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Abstracts must be 250 words or less, not including abstract title or list of authors.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the form below by Friday, March 1 (Students from the SUPREMES or DRIVE programs have an extended timeline).
- If accepted, you will be responsible for printing your poster prior to Friday, May 3.
- If accepted, you will be invited to share a PDF of your poster on our MCW Community Engagement website.
- These and other details will be sent to you upon notification of acceptance, which should take place around March 15.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions regarding the poster submission, please call or email our office.