The PL3 year is designed to further refine patient care skills, expand medical knowledge, develop supervisory and teaching skills, and to utilize elective time to explore individual interests. At the completion of this final year, our residents have developed into outstanding clinicians and are very well-prepared to enter practice as primary care or hospital-based pediatricians, to begin subspecialty training or to pursue any other clinical or research training of their choosing.
About PL3 Year
- The PL3 resident functions as a supervisor in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- The PL3 resident attends deliveries as a part of the delivery team.
- The resident also supervises and teaches under the guidance of neonatology faculty and fellows.
- PL3 residents are responsible for leading their ward team.
- Residents directly supervise the care of patients by the PL1 residents and medical students on the team.
- Residents develop their teaching skills under the guidance and supervision of Pediatric faculty.
Pediatrics Residency Program
Medical Education Office
Children's Corporate Center
999 N. 92nd St., Suite 730
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Visit our Instagram by clicking the link below!
(414) 337-7068 (fax)