Quality Improvement Experience
An innovative program to train pediatric residents in quality improvement began at our program in 2009 and continues through the work of Dr. Paula Soung, QI Curriculum Director, QI faculty advisors and the pediatric chief Residents.
Residents receive formal training from Dr. Soung and others in the CHW QI department on QI theory, techniques and data management. During the PL1 and PL3 years, each resident works with a group of their colleagues on a QI project of their choosing. Residents present their work on Resident QI Day, a forum dedicated to resident quality improvement projects in May of their PL3 year.
Past projects topics include:
- Improving handoff communication between residents
- Improving transfer communication between the PICU and general medical floor
- Improving resident/nursing staff communication
- Improving immunization compliance
- Improving Family Centered Rounds
- Improving the medication reconciliation process
Medical Education Office
Children's Corporate Center
999 N. 92nd St., Suite 730
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 337-7068 (fax)