M2 Specialty Longitudinal Integrated Clinical Experience (SPLICE)
Join Our Team
The M2 Specialty Longitudinal Integrated Clinical Experience (SPLICE) is an opportunity for MCW-CW students to gain experience in your specialty to enhance their education, expose them to positive mentoring, and explore various specialty practices early in their medical training. Prior to SPLICE, students will have had a similar year-long longitudinal experience in a primary clinic and will have completed a 10-week summer clerkship.
Time Commitment and Availability
You (and your interested partners) will supervise a student one half-day per week for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks per semester. Sessions will occur at the site of your choice (e.g. hospital, clinic, OR, ER, etc.)
- Apply for adjunct faculty appointment by contacting Theresa Gutsch (firstname.lastname@example.org, (715) 870-0918).
- Arrange experiences in your practice for a student one half-day per week for at least 4 weeks.
- Provide regular feedback to your student.
- Evaluate your student’s performance at the end of the experience.
- Participate in a planning and faculty development session, if feasible.
View SPLICE recruitment flyer (PDF)