Welcome to the Division of Research
Gwen Lomberk, PhD
Chief, Division of Research
Director, Basic Research in the Department of Surgery
Welcome to the Division of Research in the Department of Surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
(pictured left to right) Lizzy Schneidler, Dr. Gwen Lomberk, Krissa Packard
To advance the careers of research-intensive faculty, enhance the departmental culture of academic achievement, foster interdepartmental and inter-institution collaborations, and facilitate the resident research program.
- Faculty development
- Advocacy for research infrastructure: development and expansion
- Enhance extramural funding
- Maximize the quality and quantity of peer-reviewed publications
- Optimize resident research experience: appropriate mentor/mentee resources, responsibilities, accountabilities and deliverables
- Identify and support constructive collaborations within the department and institution, and outside the institution
MCW on the RADIO
Join us on Saturday, March 31 at 3 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the next program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
The next show on March 31 is titled Prostate Cancer: Medical experts and patients discuss the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer.
View additional programs