Pain Medicine Fellowship
Fellows rotate through the Pain Clinics at the Froedtert Hospital, VA Medical Center and Children's Wisconsin. Comprehensive, multidisciplinary pain management is provided at all three institutions. Emphasis is on comprehensive management, and a wide range of treatments is offered, including standard nerve block procedures, fluoroscopy-guided blocks, neurolytic blocks, medication management, psychotherapy, physical therapy, RF and cryoanalgesia, implantable technologies, and other interventional techniques. An extensive didactic program covers a wide range of clinical and basic science topics.
Applicants should supply a CV, a personal statement, and at least three letters of recommendation. These letters should address performance during their residency program, and should include information on performance during pain medicine rotations. Please see our Application and Selection Process below for additional information.
Application and selection process
- Personal Statement
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript and Diploma
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Three letters of recommendation (addressed to Dr. Stacy Peterson, Program Director)
- USMLE (and COMLEX, if applicable) Transcript
- ECFMG Certificate (International Applicants must be ECFMG certified prior to any interview)
- Photo (portrait)
- If you wish to submit additional documents (such as in-training exam results), please send to Sharon Stiles, Fellowships Coordinator (email@example.com)
Interested applicants must register for the NRMP Anesthesiology Fellowship Match. Please note the following:
- Do not send forms separately.
- Applicants are free to interview with any other programs of interest until rank lists are due, and will NOT be asked for an early decision. Please do not accept an interview date with us at MCW unless you intend to register for the NRMP match.
- If you have interviewed with us and accept a position elsewhere outside the Match, please a) withdraw from the match and b) notify us of your decision.
- Visit NRMP Anesthesiology Match for additional details.
Fellows begin training in July, although off-cycle positions may be available. Prior to appointment, Fellows must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency program in Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology or Psychiatry.
Candidates for fellowship positions must be enrolled in the certification process or be certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or the equivalent before fellowship training begins.
In addition, candidates will need:
- Unrestricted Wisconsin Medical License
- Current DEA certificate
- Proof they have passed the USMLE step 3 examination
Please communicate your exact travel details to us via ERAS. After you have scheduled your interview date, we will provide you with information regarding hotel accommodations. We are pleased to announce that our selected hotel will offer a discounted nightly rate to you. Please be aware that all of your hotel expenses are your responsibility.
Transportation from Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport to the hotel is your responsibility. You are free to select a rental vehicle, taxi, Go Riteway shuttle service, or make other arrangements. When available, the hotel’s shuttle can transport you to our campus on your interview day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us through ERAS, or contact the Fellowships Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Pain Medicine fellowship program, please get in touch
Gwynne Kirchen, MD
Medical College of Wisconsin
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
P.O. Box 26099
Milwaukee, WI 53226