Medical College of Wisconsin GIM Lakefront Refresher 2020
Meet Our Featured Speakers
Professor, Pulmonary Medicine - Froedtert; Medical College of Wisconsin
Chancellor’s Professor, IUPUI; Indiana University Center for Health, Indianapolis, IN
Chief, General Medicine; Vice Chair, Education Dept. of Medicine; BIDMC and Harvard Medical School
James McCarthy, MD
James Gosset, MD
Thomas Heinrich, MD, FAPM
Jeffrey L. Jackson, MD, MPH
Akeira Johnson, MD
Srividya Kidambi, MD
Paul Knudson, MD
Geoffrey C. Lamb, MD, FACP
Tracey Liljestrom, MD
Kathryn Lauer, MD
Theresa Maatman, MD, FACP
Theodore MacKinney, MD, MPH, FACP
Devin Madenberg, DO
Ann M. Maguire, MD, MPH, FACP
Peter Mason, MD, MPH
Carlos Mendez, MD, FACP
Ann B. Nattinger, MD, MPH, MACP
Jayshil Patel, MD
Kurt Pfeifer, MD, FACP, SHM
Carolyn Pinkerton, MD
Dan Pinto, PT, PhD
Hari Paudel, MD
Joseph Puetz, MD
Brian Quinn, MD
Stephanie Rossi, MD
Mitchell T. Saltzberg, MD, MSc., FACC, FAHA, FHFSA
Yogita Sharma Segon, MD
Frequently Asked Questions
The intent of this General Internal Medicine Lakefront Refresher is to provide Faculty, Advanced Practice Providers, and Nurse Practitioners with extensive knowledge and tools to meet the increasing demands in the practice of General Internal Medicine. This course will support healthcare professionals to stay current in broad topics in General Internal Medicine, including primary care, hospitalist and perioperative medicine. The keynote speakers, lectures, rapid fire sessions and workshops provide a wide-range of information to enable the audience in providing better patient care in their own practice settings.
22.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
22.50 Hours of Participation
13.50 MOC Part II-Medical Knowledge Points
19.50 AANP Credits
11.00 NP Pharmacology
22.50 AAPA Category 1 Credits
All sessions for this course will be held at the Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel
424 E. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Reservations: (414) 935-5942 or Toll-Free:
Make reservation online
Located just three blocks from the shores of Lake Michigan, guests of The Pfister Hotel enjoy a four-star luxury experience in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, WI. The Pfister is moments away from the Milwaukee Art Museum, Summerfest, along with multiple museums, theater, shopping, nightlife and dining destinations within walking distance. The Pfister is in the center of it all.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the hotel for course participants at a discounted rate:
- $209 for standard Single/Double Occupancy (all guest rooms are subject to sales tax and occupancy tax currently at 15.1%).
- All reservations require a credit card guarantee of one night’s deposit. Deposits will be refunded for rooms cancelled more than 72 hours prior to arrival.
Check-in Time: 3:00 pm
Check-out Time: 12:00 pm
- The number of rooms discounted is limited.
- Discounted rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The discounted room rate is only available until Wednesday, May 20, 2020 or until the block sells out.
**Due to this being the busy summer season for downtown Milwaukee’s largest music festivals, this hotel and surrounding hotels will sell out quickly**
On-site parking will be available for those staying at the hotel. The following rates will apply:
- Discounted overnight parking rate of $12 per night, per car
- Discounted daily parking rate of $8 per day, per car
Limited Valet Parking Available
- Daily - $19/vehicle
- Overnight - $33/vehicle
Additional Parking Options
Use the SpotHero App your mobile device and enter in the Pfister address for parking availability.
- Download the SpotHero App: Apple Users (or find the App in App Store) | Android Users (or find the App in Google Play)
These are the list of parking lots/structures within a short walking distance from the Pfister:
- 731 N. Jefferson (Enter on Jefferson)
- 515 E. Wells St. (Enter on Mason St.)
- 765 N. Jackson St. (Enter on Mason St.)
- 601 N. Jefferson St. (Enter on Jefferson St.)
- 500 N. Broadway St. (Enter on Milwaukee St.)
- 330 E. Clybourn St. (Enter on Milwaukee St.)
- 330 E. Wells St. (Enter on Milwaukee St.)
For more information on things to do in the area, go to the Visit Milwaukee website.
For available train transportation, from Chicago to Milwaukee visit the Amtrak website.
For available bus transportation from Chicago to Milwaukee, visit the Coach USA website.
SHM’s Exhibit Experience is designed to foster interactions that connect your company with hospital medicine professionals from across the country. The SHM Exhibit Experience offers exhibiting companies the opportunity to:• Generate new sales leads to increase profitability.• Strengthen relationships and add new customers to grow and sustain success.• Introduce new products or services.• Give product demonstrations to strengthen customer confidence and referral potential.• Earn Rewards Program points to secure the best exhibit space location, earn and redeem rewards at the Annual Conference and other SHM meetings of interest, and gain exposure for future years