Main Campus Entrance-MKE

Researcher Profile: Frequently Asked Questions

The Researcher Profile is used to track compliance training related to Animal Submissions, Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research, CITI training for Human Subject research, and Safety Training.

eBridge Support & FAQ Navigation Tip:
For faster reviewing of the FAQs, we recommend selecting ( + expand all ), then pressing Ctrl+F on your keyboard to enter a keyword or phrase in your browser's search box.
Does Researcher Profile notify me when my training is going to expire?

YES! You will receive email notifications at varying intervals prior to your training expiring. If you are not receiving the notifications you think you should see, please log in to eBridge and navigate to your Researcher Profile. Look at the tabs on your Profile Workspace. If you don't see a category, such as Animal Training, Compliance Training, or Safety Training, and you know you need to track your training in that area, please contact the related Office of Research business unit:

How can get a transcript of my research training in eBridge?
  1. Login to
  2. From your Dashboard, click on the Activity View My Researcher Profile. This will take you to your Researcher Profile Workspace.
  3. On the left side of the screen, click the link called “Print Training Profile.” 
  4. The next screen will display a list of all training documented in eBridge.
  5. In the upper right of the screen, click the Print button for a hard copy, or print to PDF.
How do I access my Researcher Profile?

Log in to eBridge and you will find the link to your Researcher Profile from the following areas:

  1. Look to the left column of your eBridge Dashboard.
  2. Select the View my Researcher Profile link under Activities. 
What is Certified status?

Individuals who are new to the animal research program at the Medical College of Wisconsin must obtain Certified status in order to be listed as approved study personnel on an Animal Use Application (AUA) prior to participating in any animal activities and/or obtaining access to the animal facility.

Individuals involved in ongoing animal research at the Medical College of Wisconsin must renew each of the three Core Certification components annually OR once every 3 years (as defined in each component) in order to maintain Certified status.

Researcher Profile for Compliance FCOI Training

Researcher Profile For Compliance FCOI-R Training

Effective August 24, 2012, the Department of Health and Human Services revised its rule (42 CFR Part 50 Subpart F), requiring key personnel involved in Public Health Services (PHI) funded research to complete Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research (FCOI-R) training. In addition, MCW Institutional policy requires all persons identified as Principal Investigators and Key Personnel on funding proposal projects at MCW, regardless of funding origination, complete the same training requirements. A funding proposal will not progress if the training is not current. Your training record is registered in your eBridge Researcher Profile, and is viewable by you at any time.


Researcher Profile for Human Research Training

Researcher Profile for Human Subject Research Training

MCW requires individuals involved in the design, conduct or review of human subject research to have current Human Subject Research Protections training. MCW utilizes the CITI Program to provide Human Subject Research Protections training for biomedical researchers, social/behavioral researchers and research reviewers.

Upon completion of the recommended HSR course (, that record is uploaded into a person's eBridge Researcher Profile. The HSR training record is also displayed on HSR Projects on which the user is listed.

Researcher Profile for Safety Compliance Training

Researcher Profile for Safety Compliance Training

Safety Compliance Training currently tracked in Researcher Profile:

  • BRC Training
  • Animal Biosafety 
  • MRI Safety Training
  • Bloodborne Pathogens for Researchers
  • Bloodborne Pathogens for Clinicians
  • Laboratory Safety Training  
  • rDNA for Researchers
  • Shipping Biological Materials
    • Shipping Biological Materials Awareness 
    • Category A Materials
    • Category B Materials
    • Dry Ice
    • Dry Liquid Nitrogen
    • Used Health Products
    • Genetically Modified Organisms
    • Exempt Patient Specimens 


Who has access to my Researcher Profile?
Your Researcher Profile can be accessed by yourself, the IACUC office if you are active in animal research, the Safety Coordinator for Environmental Health and Safety if your job requires any type of safety related training, the Compliance office for Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research (FCOI-R), The IRB office for Human Subject Research or CITI training, and any individual to whom you choose to grant access. For assistance with managing your Researcher Profile, please contact the eBridge Help Desk,