Researcher Profile FAQs
YES! You will receive email notifications at varying intervals prior to your training expiring. If you are not receiving the notifications you think you should see, please log in to eBridge and navigate to your Researcher Profile. Look at the tabs on your Profile Workspace. If you don't see a category, such as Animal Training, Compliance Training, or Safety Training, and you know you need to track your training in that area, please contact the related Office of Research business unit:
- Login to http://ebridge.mcw.edu
- From your Dashboard, click on the Activity View My Researcher Profile. This will take you to your Researcher Profile Workspace.
- On the left side of the screen, click the link called “Print-Friendly Profile.”
- The next screen will display a list of all training documented in eBridge.
- In the upper right of the screen, click the Print button for a hard copy, or print to PDF.
Log in to eBridge and you will find the link to your Researcher Profile from the following areas:
- If you are in the Proposal Team role, look in the center area of My Home. Selecting the link takes you directly to your Researcher Profile Workspace.
- If you are in the Study Staff role, look in the left navigation area under My Home Pages. The section My Training has a link to your Researcher Profile Workspace.
- Regardless of your role, you will also have a Researcher Profile tab in the upper, green area of the screen, along with tabs for Human Submissions, Animal Submissions, Funding Proposals, and IBC Safety. From this link you can view a list of all Researcher Profiles to which you have been given access (only if another person has granted you access), including your own.
My Home is the page that you first land on after logging in and you can navigate to it from anywhere in eBridge by selecting the My Home link in the upper right area of the screen.
Researcher Profile for Animal Research Training
Individuals who are new to the animal research program at the Medical College of Wisconsin must obtain Certified status in order to be listed as approved study personnel on an Animal Use Application (AUA) prior to participating in any animal activities and/or obtaining access to the animal facility.
Individuals involved in ongoing animal research at the Medical College of Wisconsin must renew each of the three Core Certification components annually OR once every 3 years (as defined in each component) in order to maintain Certified status.
Researcher Profile is the repository for all relevant training for those involved with animal research at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Below is an example of a researcher's Profile.
Researcher Profile For Compliance FCOI-R Training
Effective August 24, 2012, the Department of Health and Human Services revised its rule (42 CFR Part 50 Subpart F), requiring key personnel involved in Public Health Services (PHI) funded research to complete Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research (FCOI-R) training. In addition, MCW Institutional policy requires all persons identified as Principal Investigators and Key Personnel on funding proposal projects at MCW, regardless of funding origination, complete the same training requirements. A funding proposal will not progress if the training is not current. Your training record is registered in your eBridge Researcher Profile, and is viewable by you at any time.
Researcher Profile for Human Subject Research Training
Everyone involved in the design, conduct, or review of human research carried out by MCW faculty investigators must obtain Human Subject Research (HSR) training certification. Upon successful completion of the HSR course, that record is uploaded into a person's eBridge Researcher Profile. The training record is also displayed in the Workspace of all Human Research Projects on which the user is listed, either as Study Staff or PI.
Researcher Profile for Safety Compliance Training
Safety Compliance Training currently tracked in Researcher Profile:
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Researchers
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Clinicians
- Laboratory Safety Training
- Part A - Laboratory Chemical Safety
- Part B - Laboratory Waste
- Part C - rDNA Awareness
- rDNA/SNA for Researchers
- Shipping Biological Materials
- Shipping Biological Materials Awareness (prerequisite for all other materials below)
- Category A Materials
- Category B Materials
- Dry Ice
- Dry Liquid Nitrogen
- Used Health Products
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Exempt Patient Specimens