Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Surgery Research Resources
MCW has established resources to help researchers at every stage of the grant writing process – from funding opportunities to preparing successful proposals. When you are ready to start planning for your next research project, we encourage you to explore these resources.
- Human Subject Research
- Animal Research
- Lab Research
Grant Application Process
The Grants and Contracts Office (GCO) reviews all research proposals for compliance with MCW and sponsor guidelines. eBridge is the web-based application database used by MCW. The Surgery Department’s Division of Research has a dedicated Grants Operations Coordinator (Lynn Cummings) to facilitate a researcher’s proposal through the internal eBridge/GCO process, sponsor submission, and post-award phase.
Faculty from any Division in the Department of Surgery can utilize the services of the Grants Operations Coordinator. Services include: checklist of required items and due dates, assistance with all required documents, review of compliance with RFA, data entry and file upload into eBridge, collaboration with GCO for review and possible changes to proposal, and compilation of final documents to allow PI to submit to the sponsor. To begin this process, please fill out an Intent to Submit form to work with our Grants Operations Coordinator.
GCO requires the following for eBridge submissions:
- The completed and finalized research proposal application must be submitted to GCO in eBridge no later than noon (12pm), five (5) business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline.
- For NIH grants that are main categories (including but not limited to: R01/R03/R21/K08/K23/F31/T32), there is a two-tiered internal deadline available. Administrative documents must be submitted to GCO by noon (12pm), five (5) business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline. Scientific documents must be submitted the eBridge Funding Proposal finalized no later than noon (12pm), three (3) business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline.
- Biostatistics Consulting Service
- Linda T. and John A. Mellowes Center for Genomic Sciences and Precision Medicine (Mellowes Center)
- MCW Tissue Bank
- Pediatric Biobank and Analytical Tissue Core
- Center for Imaging Research (CIR) MRI Services
- Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) of Southeast Wisconsin
- Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin/Blood Research Institute
- Froedtert Hospital
- VA Hospital
- Children’s Wisconsin/Children’s Research Institute
- Children’s Research Institute Research Cores