App of the Month
App of the Month is a resource from the Office of Educational Improvement (OEI) within the Department of Academic Affairs. Each month we identify an app that may be of interest to our teaching faculty.
BrowZine can be used to access and browse thousands of scholarly journals. This is a useful app when you need a convenient way to stay aware of current literature.
- Browse titles by subject
- Easily view tables of contents
- Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
- Save articles to EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, RefWorks, Dropbox and more
- Share with other researchers by posting to social media
The app is available for Apple (iOS) and Android devices.
Firecracker uses a technology- and data-driven approach to improve PA and medical student learning in preparation for high stakes exams, including the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE). The platform, in which more than 85 million questions are answered annually, is powered by an adaptive algorithm that delivers personalized learning and remediation to ensure ongoing retention of content and preparedness for PA or medical school finals and certification exams.
- USMLE-style questions to help you master USMLE Steps 1 and 2
- Unique Osteopathic Medicine questions to help you ace the COMLEX
- Covering the 14 major content areas, PA (Physician Assistant) is everything you need to ace the PANCE and support your PA educational needs
- Clerkship support to help cover your complete medical training
The app is available for Apple (iOS) devices.
Doximity helps take the friction out of everyday challenges unique to clinicians.
- Social newsfeed for medicine
- Keep up with the latest clinical news in your specialty
- Earn free Category 1 CME
- Maintain your digital CV Compatibility
- The app is available for Apple (iOS) devices
Visual Dx is a diagnostic clinical decision support tool available for the iPhone and iPad.
- Searchable by symptoms, signs, and patient factors
- Thousands of images and graphics
- Includes more than 3,000 diagnoses and 41,000 medical images
- Review diagnostic pearls and best tests at the point of care
- Provide on-the-spot patient education with real medical images
- The app is only available for Apple (iOS) devices
- Use of the tool requires a subscription. MCW Libraries provides an institutional subscription for faculty, staff, and students. Users must log into the proxy server to access the MCW subscription.