Funding and Studies
- $225.3 million invested in research, teaching, training and related purposes in FY 2016*, which will lead to improved patient care and health outcomes. Includes:
- $92.6 million from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)**
- $18.9 million from other federal agencies
- $72.9 million from other external sponsors
- $40.9 million from MCW institutional support in FY 2016
- MCW is ranked 45th among the nation's 139 medical schools receiving NIH research funding
- More than 3,100 research studies, including clinical trials, conducted in MCW's FY 2016
*MCW's Fiscal Year 2016 was July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016
**NIH data as of December 30, 2016
- 50 new discoveries and inventions reported in MCW's FY 2016
- Portfolio includes 227 technologies covered by more than 286 pending and issued US and foreign patents
- 63 technology license agreements with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, imaging, medical device and software companies
- Research and development affiliations with 31 campus institutions, healthcare organizations and government groups in Wisconsin and elsewhere
- MCW translates science into clinical care through technology development collaborations with industry, including startup ventures. Local startup companies include Brain Symphonics, CardioPoietis, Cmxtwenty, Imaging Biometrics, Organic Research Corporation, Prism Clinical Imaging, Somna Therapeutics and TAI Diagnostics.
Your gift is an investment in a healthier future for you, your family and generations to come.
(414) 955-4700 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To see a Medical College of Wisconsin physician:
(414) 805-3666 | (800) 272-3666
(414) 607-5280 | (877) 607-5280
Medical College of Wisconsin Facts 2017
View and print the 2017 Facts (PDF)
For printed copies of the Medical College of Wisconsin Facts publication, send requests by email to the Communications Resource Center.
We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.