The Annual Diabetes Symposium
Twelfth Annual Diabetes Symposium | May 16-17, 2019
The Diabetes Symposium is a two-day, affordable and educational CME conference which allows you to:
- Learn a wealth of information from our reputable and well known speakers
- Earn CME Credit
- Correspond with exhibitors
- Ask questions and participate in our Audience Response Sessions
- Interact with colleagues and network with others
- Enjoy excellent food
This is a two day program with the specific purpose of increasing education and knowledge of all aspects of diabetes clinical practice and research. This symposium consists of medical lectures and workshops given by healthcare professionals (not all MD’s), investigators and patients on topics related to Diabetes Updates. The major format used is a series of thematic talks by recognized health professionals and are all followed by question and answer sessions along with feedback. There will also be a panel of physicians who will present case discussions and then open the floor to the audience for a Question and Answer Session. This course is designed for primary care physicians, adult endocrinologists, pediatric endocrinologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, dieticians, physician assistants, fellows, residents, and medical students.
This conference is designed to:
- Improve diabetes and obesity care by identifying and expounding evidence-based advances in management.
- Analyze the areas that are at the outer limits of current knowledge of diabetes and obesity and define our limitations.
- Improve management and knowledge of drugs and therapy for diabetes and obesity, using well-controlled trial data.
- Gain further knowledge about the pathophysiological processes involved in diabetes and obesity.
- Increase awareness of the patient perspective of diabetes and obesity care.
Srividya Kidambi, MD, MS, Associate Professor and Interim Chief, Endocrinology, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Alan David, MD, Professor and Chair of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Leonard Egede, MD, Professor and Chief General Internal Medicine, Center Director, Center for Advancing Population Science (CAPS), Medical College of Wisconsin
- Rosanna Fiallo-Scharer, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Diabetes Program Director, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Steven Magil, MD, PhD, Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Endocrinology, Community Division, Froedtert/Medical College of Wisconsin
- Daisy Sahoo, PhD, Professor, Endocrinology, Vice Chair of Research, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Gina George, PA-C, Division of Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Kate Glasenapp, DNP, BC-ADM, CDE, Assistant Professor, Endocrinology, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Jess Rybold, Division of Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Debra Warpechowski, Division of Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Susan Hjelsand, Program Manager, American Diabetes Association-Wisconsin
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 13.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Archived Diabetes Symposium Presentations
For questions regarding the Diabetes Symposium or interest in being an exhibitor
The Italian Community Center
631 E. Chicago St.
Milwaukee, WI 53221
The Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, appreciates the support provided by our exhibitors.