Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) Specialty Clinic at the Medical College of Wisconsin
Meet Our Team
Vice Chair for Ambulatory Operations, Department of Medicine; Associate Professor, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine Medical College of Wisconsin; Director of Froedtert & MCW Echocardiographic Laboratories Froedtert & MCW Health Network
Expert HCM Care
Since hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a multifaceted genetic and cardiac condition, it is best treated by physicians and staff specially trained to manage it properly and highly experienced in doing so. This is especially true for people diagnosed with HCM who may be contemplating pregnancy, scheduling non-cardiac surgery or facing other health events that need careful cardiac management.
Consider these advantages available when choosing HCM care at the Medical College of Wisconsin:
- Care is provided by board-certified cardiologists with extensive specialized training (fellowship and post-fellowship) in the treatment of HCM and adult congenital heart conditions.
- These physicians are backed by a multidisciplinary team of specialists in valve disease, electrical problems in the heart (electrophysiology), genetic counseling, lung disease (pulmonology), interventional cardiology and heart and vascular surgery.
- Because this is a genetic disease, the team collaborates with Children’s Wisconsin and pediatric cardiologists for screenings and evaluations of young family members.
- Our approach to treatment is cutting-edge, based on proven and evidence-based protocols, focused on reducing risk and alleviating symptoms.
- These treatments include septal myectomy, a very intricate open heart surgery not offered everywhere and that requires experienced surgeons such as those at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- We offer the latest technology for comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options.
- Research, both onsite and through collaborative opportunities with national genetics and cardiovascular centers, offers patients access to best practice approaches as soon as available.
For more information, please visit the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Specialty Clinic website.
Referring Physicians Information
To transfer a HCM patient or consult with a specialist:
Call the Access Center at (414) 805-4700 or (877) 804-4700. (For physicians and staff only.)
Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please call (414) 777-7700 to make an appointment in the HCM Clinic.