Invasive and Interventional Cardiology
The Medical College of Wisconsin Section of Invasive and Interventional Cardiology offers state-of-the art diagnostic and minimally invasive treatment options for patients with a variety of heart conditions including: acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, congestive heart failure, valvular heart disease, and congenital heart disease.
Research Studies and Clinical Trials
The MCW Interventional Cardiology section conduct and participate in local and national research studies and clinical trials related to coronary artery disease, cardiogenic shock, arrhythmia, and structural heart disease. Actively recruiting clinical trials include:
- EARLY TAVR
- TAVR UNLOAD
- REPRISE IV
- REDUCE LAP-HF
- NCSI Shock Registry
If you are interested in participating in a trial, or referring a patient for one, please call (414) 955-6777.
Find a Clinical Trial
Search by cardiac subspecialty.
Meet Our Team
Professor and Division Chief
Professor of Medicine and Radiology, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Froedtert Hospital Senior Medical Director - Inpatient
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
In addition to being actively involved in teaching MCW medical students, residents and fellows the MCW Interventional Cardiology section also offers a one-year ACGME-certified interventional cardiology fellowship training program.
Comprehensive Treatment Options
- Right and left heart catheterization
- Coronary and peripheral angiography
- Coronary physiology assessment
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Intracardiac and intravascular ultrasound
- Angioplasty and stenting for coronary and/or peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Plaque removal with rotational or laser atherectomy
- Intracoronary physiologic assessment and intracoronary imaging to determine the significance of artery and vein blockages
- Clot removal with aspiration thrombectomy
- Intracoronary brachytherapy for treatment of recurrent in-stent narrowing
- Ventricular assist device insertion
- Septal ablation to treat hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Closure of periprosthetic valve leaks
- Nonsurgical closure of atrial septal defects (AS) and patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Insertion of left atrial occluder devices for reducing the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation
- Valvuloplasty for management of aortic, mitral, pulmonic and tricuspid stenosis
- Transcatheter mitral and aortic valve replacement therapies (TAVR and TMVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve edge-to-edge reduction (MitraClip)
- Balloon valvuloplasty and stent placement to treat coarctation of the aorta
Referring Physicians Information
To transfer a patient or consult with a specialist: Call the Access Center at (414) 805-4700 or (877) 804-4700.
(For physicians and staff only.)
Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please call 1-800-DOCTORS to make an appointment in the Heart & Vascular clinic at Froedtert.