An up to three-year fellowship is available in the Medical College of Wisconsin Cardiovascular Center, in one of four major areas of research:
- Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis, & Vascular Biology
- Precision Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiac Biology & Heart Failure
The Cardiovascular Center postdoctoral fellow will receive personalized training within their selected research area led by a team of exceptional faculty members.
- Have premier support toward fellowship funding
- Create and follow an individualized development plan (IDP)
- Conduct research studies
- Write grants and publish manuscripts
- Present oral presentations locally and nationally
- He/she will have structured guidance toward becoming an independent investigator
- Clinical scholars will have protected time for research
Per NIH guidelines, the postdoctoral fellow must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Applicants should be highly-motivated, ambitious, productive, and have (or anticipate having) a PhD, PharmD, MD, or DO in a relevant research area such as biology, molecular biology, genetics, immunology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or physiology with a strong track record of, and a keen interest in at least one of the four research areas.
Applicants should apply online through MCW Human Resources (Requisition ID: 20965)
Please include copies of your:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of reference from 3 former mentors/supervisors
- Cover letter including a statement of research interest and name of your preferred primary faculty mentor
Candidates for the CVC Postdoctoral Fellowship position will be evaluated by the T32 Program Directors, as well as the Executive Committee based on the criteria listed in the Candidate Evaluation Form (PDF).